Act One: Charms: Part Two

I rolled over in my sleep, the alarm clock ringing.

"I don't wanna wake up." I mumbled. I went to hit the alarm clock but hit air instead. I tried to find it but couldn't.

"Damnit." I muttered, opening my eyes. My desktop wasn't next to me.

It was two feet below me.

I crawled over to the side of my bed and gasped. The whole bed, frame and all, was floating above the ground.

"I was wondering how long it would take you to wake up." I recognized that sly voice. I looked over at the kitchen and saw Mephisto standing there, smirking.

"Put me down." I said, trying to keep myself calm.

"I'm not the one doing it."

"Then who is?"

"You." I blinked.

"Yeah. Right. Put me down."

"I'm serious, you're doing this all by yourself. I came after i knew your test would be over but you were already asleep. Funnily enough you weren't singing. But halfway through the night you made your bed float. I knew your demonic powers would show up soon."

"I'm doing this?" I asked.

"Yes. Now that your powers have appeared I'm going to personally teach you. It starts before school and Cram School." I groaned.

"No more classes! I get tired with just the classes i have!"

"That's how the cookie crumbles."

"Why can't my cookie be broken already?" He chuckled.

"It would be bad if it was. Anyway, im curious as to how your demonic powers are showing but you don't have fangs or longer ears or a tail. Maybe you need a little push..."

"Don't push me, cause i am close to the edge!" I said. Mephisto kept thinking. I was upset he didn't get that joke. I wondered how to put the bed back down. Maybe if i...

I simply thought "Put the bed down" and the bed suddenly dropped to the floor with a loud bang! I screamed in surprise as i flopped from the matress to the floor with a bounce.

"Oww!" I whined. My heart had picked up it's pace, but i took even breaths and it soon calmed down. Whew. I definately didn't want to go to the hospital bay today. Mephisto clapped.

"Good job." He said. I grabbed the sheets and clawed myself to a standing position, glaring at him.

"You don't have to tell me i did a good job when i didn't you know." I muttered. Mephisto looked confused. Then he laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"You can read minds! That's what's funny!"

"What?! Please make these powers go away!" I hit the bed in anger. The bedframe creaked angrily and bend in a weird way, as if to match my fist. I glared at my hand.

"Stupid hand, being all strong and stuff. Jerk." I frowned. Mephisto grabbed my shoulders and turned me around.

"Get dressed. Your new class starts today." I groaned and looked at the clock.

"It's four in the morning!"

"I know that. Go." He gave me a small push. I glared at him, then went into the bathroom to get dressed. When i came back he tisked at me.

"You should brush your hair."

"Why? I'm around you, so i don't care." He shrugged.

"Alright." He snapped his fingers and suddenly we were in his office.