Act Five: Loose Strings Attached: Part Three

Tori's POV

After they had that conversation outside -while I wasn't there- Aaushi seemed to have sunken into an all time depression. For a five year old, this was huge. For five whole days she refused to eat and barely slept at all, and with her aging with the Momotan this didn't help. She now had the body of a thirteen year old, but she was thin and fragile and looked like she would blow away with one little breath of wind. She had dark circles under her eyes, and anytime she used her powers she got a splitting headache and needed Ibuprofen. Even opening a door mentally caused her to groan in sudden pain and curl up in a ball. We were meeting up with Rin and Yukio for the first time since he left the hospital and the effect showed on them.

"Wow what the hell happened to her FACE?" Rin shouted in surprise. Aaushi frowned but didn't comment, instead entering their dorm and falling face first into the side of Rin's bed. I went to pick her up before she broke anything else. Her arm may have healed already, but she seemed to be breaking her emotions a lot more then bones.

"She's not eating, she won't sleep, I was hoping you guys could help." Aaushi was limp in my arms as I stood her upright and brushed off her black shirt (which was too big on her) and her leggings. Then I set her on my lap as I sat on the floor.

"I know why she won't eat." Yukio frowned, sitting down across from us.

"It's because of what we discussed with Yumi the other day."

"What did you discuss?" At this Aaushi seemed to drastically come to life and went into the bathroom to avoid our conversation.

"Yumi told us about the sentencing." Rin said, sitting down next to Yukio. I frowned darkly.

"She told you?"

"Yes, and why didn't you tell us?" Yukio asked.

"I didn't want you guys to do anything stupid."

"Like what?" Rin argued.

"Like argue with the Vatican or I dunno just do something reckless. I could deal with this myself."

"No," Yukio interrupted. "Before all this happened, you had a younger sister to take care of by yourself who also got shot, and now you have a thirteen year old you will have to take care of and watch over if Yumi is convicted."

"Why say if?" I sighed.

"We all know it's... it's going to happen. I can't stop it, and Aaushi can't stop it. Why try to deny it? But I can and will handle this by myself. I don't need help. Aaushi had to carry the weight of what our father did to her for sixteen years without counseling or anyone to talk to. Now it's my turn."

"So what Todo said... was true?" Yukio's face darkened. Rin looked confused.

"What did Todo say?"

"Please Yukio, don't tell anyone. Aaushi doesn't remember and I thank god for that. What's done is done. It's over now. It's as if it never happened."

"I wanna know!" Rin complained. I gave him a dark look.

"No Rin, you don't."

"I swear I won't tell anyone." Yukio promised. I nodded.

"Good."

"But you have to get her to eat. She looks like she's ready to crash any minute." Just then there was a loud bang, as if something it the side of the wall or bathtub in the bathroom. I rushed in and found Aaushi passed out with half her body in the bathtub, face down. I picked her up quickly and assessed the damage. She had a cut on her eyebrow and a bruise begining to form on her cheek, but other then that she looked okay.