Act Three: Pasts: Part Three

This news was not met happily. Tori whined, swore and shouted but her father was resistant. Not even an hour later he had a bag packed for Tori to go to True Cross.

"You can't be serious dad!" She shouted as he dragged the bag downstairs.

"Yes, I am. You need to learn to stop being angry at people, especially your sister."

"Ha! Like I'll ever be friends with that freak." She jabbed her finger in my direction, which was at the grand piano as I played pieces like Fur Elise and J.S. Bach's Minuet.

"This is for your own good."

"Yeah right, you just wanna get rid of me! If that's the case, don't ever pretend you love me again, liar!" My hands banged against the keys so suddenly they both jumped and looked at me. I slowly stood and walked over to Tori.

"You never say that to your parent." I said in a quiet voice.

"You never know if it'll be the last thing you say to them." My adoptive mom popped in my head, but I quickly focused my full attention to Tori. She snorted.

"Yeah, because my dad's gonna die. Right."

"You never know. Apologize to him, now."

"Who're you to tell me what to do?"

"If you won't, you'll regret it later."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and picked up her bag.

"See ya dad."

"No goodbye hug? Please be safe and call when you get there." But the second half of his sentence went unheard as she closed the door. He sighed and turned to me.

"Thank you for trying to set her straight, but she won't listen."

"I'm sorry."

"Oh don't be, it's fine. She's a reserved kid and wears her heart on her cheek. I thank you for coming to find her. She's been secretly wanting to see you for years but never had the courage to go to the adoption center to find your records."

"Thanks for taking care of her." I bowed slightly and walked outside.

"Take care of her, okay?" Her father called back to me. I nodded at him and walked out to the sidewalk, where Mephisto stood with Tori.

"Are you ready to depart?" He asked. I nodded silently. We began walking back to the shrine hotel in silence, Tori giving me strange glances out of the corner of her eye. I ignored her and lost myself in my thoughts.

"Aaushi, I'm doing this to protect you."

"Don't say that mom! I wanna apply for True Cross! I know I can get in!"

"I know you'll get in, I just don't want my baby to leave me so soon."

"I'm fifteen mom, I'll be fine!"

"Please, I know what your father said, but I forbid it."

"Mom-"

"No, I'm very, very sorry but I can't let you go. I love you too much to see you hurt. Please, stay here."

"No mom, I'm not staying here and you can't make me! Stop pretending you love me, liar! Never be my mother again!" I pushed her away from me. She stumbled and tried to grip the banister but wasn't able to get a hold on it, and went tumbling down the stairs. I screamed in fear and horror as her husband rushed to the bottom.

"You fucking monster!" He shouted at me.

"You'd do this to your own mother?! Go, leave and never come back!!" I sprinted to my room and sat against the door, crying.