First Meeting

I stood in front of Mori's desk waiting for my new partner. 

It was a bit awkward, knowing it had been a good twenty minutes and the seat was still bare. As far as I know, it was a executive to executive mission; considering it was probably reasonably dangerous. Whoever it was, he was being irresponsible and possibly rude.

So far, the four years I spent at the Port Mafia was eventful. I became an executive member last year and I liked putting my ability to use. Instead of being called names and outcasted, I was with people who came from similar circumstances as me: people who had nowhere else to go.

It had been three years since Mori recruited me.

And it had been three years since a girl named [y/n] [l/n] existed.

"Kitsune san?"

I woke up from my trance.

"What is it, Mori san?"

"I apologize for his behalf, he'll be running a little bit late; but he'll be here any minute now."

"No, it's fine. I don't mind waiting."

Kagura Kitsune

That was my new identity.

I didn't like holding my past with me. So as soon as I got the chance to; I changed my identity. I went with a name to suit my ability; a kitsune. 

The Port Mafia was okay. I didn't like killing people, but it wasn't like I utterly couldn't. Obviously it wasn't pleasant; it left a unclean feeling after seeing blood splattered on the floor and on your clothes. 

Thunk! The doors flung open. 

I looked up.

A man about my age, curly brown hair, and brown eyes stood in front of me. He was covered in bandages; head to toes. There was blood splattered on his black suit, and I just knew that was going to leave a stain.

"You're finally here," Mori sighed.

"Sorry for the wait," the man said, turning to me. "Is this my new partner?"

I got up and couldn't help but glare at him. 

"I'm Kagura Kitsune," I said. "Nice to meet you."

"My partner is finally a girl!" he smiled. "Nice to meet you, I'm Dazai Osamu."

"You're the executive I'll be working with, correct?"

"Mhm!"

It had been three years since a girl named [y/n] [l/n] existed.

And it had been three years since I felt like something unexpected was going to happen.

Author's note:

I'm probably going to write like five chapters in one day and then disappear again then reappear and repeat the whole cycle. This chapter was a bit short but I'm probably going to publish like three chapters today.