Our Last Encounter

[Your POV]

I splashed cold water on my face. The water dripped down my chin and onto my shirt, causing it to crumple up.

"It was a dream," I told myself. "It was a dream. There is no way that I said that to him."

I grabbed the towel and buried my face into it. 

"I should've never said yes."

I could remember what happened clearly; the way I held his hands, the way he laughed, the way I overshared about everything.

I let out a annoyed, muffled scream into the towel.

Wait... did he say something to me after? 

I looked up into the mirror and tried to think more clearly.

I couldn't remember because I've blacked out the second everything was over and fell asleep. 

"I'm an idiot," I sighed. "What am I even doing."

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Chuuya scowled, glaring at Dazai. "You did something to her didn't you?"

We just finished another job together and was walking in the Port Mafia to our offices together. 

"Shut the hell up, shorty," Dazai scoffed. "It's none of your business."

Chuuya turned to me. 

"Did he do something to you?" he whispered. "That guy is a maniac so he-"

"Nakahara san, it really isn't anything," I assured him. "We had a couple drinks together and I said something embarrassing."

"Hah? So YOU did do something," Chuuya snarled, grabbing Dazai's collar. 

"You heard what she said," Dazai groaned. "It's nothing you should be worried about."

Chuuya huffed and stopped by his office door. 

"Well don't do anything bad," he sighed, opening it. "She's the only other person who is actually mentally stable. I don't want you to traumatize her."

I waved goodbye to him while he went inside, glaring at Dazai.

"Chuuya is too overprotective," Dazai grumbled. "He's technically coddling you."

I ignored his comments. I wondered if he even remembered our... last encounter.

"If you're just going to babble on nonesense, I'll take my leave," I said, annoyed. 

How could he act so normal?

I shook my head.

Whatever

I turned to leave but was stopped by a sudden grab. 

[Dazai's POV]

I grabbed her arm. 

For some reason, the sick feeling was back. The furious beating of my heart, the temperature rising. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. 

I knew it was bad and I don't deserve it but I kept thinking about that night. Her cute laughs and giggles, her eyes, the scent of her auburn hair; everything.  

Badump, badump 

I didn't want her to leave.

She turned back, annoyed. 

"What do you want, now?" she demanded.

"I need to talk to you about something," I said, ignoring the desperateness in my voice. "It's important."

"Is it?" 

I knew I was just going to waste her time, but I just wanted to be with her just for a few more minutes. 

I nodded.

She sighed. "Let's go to my office."

Author's Note:

My publishing times are waaay off because I have a mental capacity of a monkey.