The Distance Between Us

[Your POV]

My eyes fluttered open. The room was hot, but comfortable. From my memory, I never turned the heater on, but I decided to enjoy the warmth.

I could tell that I didn't change from yesterday, I was still wearing my skirt, and blouse, a few buttons undone.

I stared at the white ceiling above me, contemplating on what happened yesterday.

Naturally, my fingers went to my lips and I could feel my face burning up. 

I wonder if he went home safe yesterday

The messy thoughts lingered inside my head. The memory almost felt like a complete dream.

Now that I think about it, I thought, I never sent him home.

I hopped up immediately.

"zzzzzz..."

I looked next to me and saw a familiar man, sleeping soundly. 

I moved the strands of his brown hair from his face to behind his ear. 

"Wake up, Osamu," I whispered, stroking his hair.

I'm so sick of this

"mmhm," he groaned. He seemed to wake up a little. "Kagura chan, good morning."

Unfortunately, a 'good morning' was not what I wanted to hear.

I hopped on top of him and grabbed his wrists, towering over him. The tips of my hair rested on the sides of the pillow as I glared at him, face to face.

His eyes widened.

"Isn't this a bit of a scandalous position-"

"What?" I snapped.

His cheeks turned into a rose color.

"Is that really all you have to say?" I demanded, annoyed. "Do you even think before you talk?"

Dazai remained silent.

I felt hurt; the pain inside me was spreading as if I was struck by some sort of disease.

"Do you even know how you made me feel?" I felt like tears would burst any second. "You don't understand anything! You just act as you please and expect me to just do something about it!"

"Kagura-"

"What now?" I scoffed. I tried to steady my voice. "You're always like: Kagura chan this, Kagura chan that. What do you even expect from me?"

He looked away, not saying anything.

My eyes watered. "Do you really have nothing to say to me but something stupid? Am I really just a stranger to you?"

Dazai maintained his silence.

"I just don't understand you..."

The silence was suffocating; it felt as if my heart was dropping onto the floor.

"Please..." Tears dropped from my eyes. "Say something..."

I prayed for a response, but no words left that man's mouth.

"I see how it is," I said, miserably. "I'm just a toy to you, aren't I?"

As I let go of his wrists, I could feel my heart sinking.

I sat back up, covering my face with my hands. I didn't want him to see me sobbing like a child.

"I'm sorry," Dazai said, sitting up and removing my hands from my face. He wiped away my tears. "I'm really sorry."

It only made me cry harder.

"Forgive me for this, Kagura chan. I-"

I looked up, as his hands cupped my face.

"I'm sorry for saying this too late but, I think I love you."

When he kissed me, I couldn't taste anything but my salty tears.

He really should have said it sooner.

Author's Note

I really should update more often, I am so sorry people.