Chapter 1: Hope Falls

Cosmo wakes up, her mind trying to find her last memories before crashing down on Mobius. She had escaped from an Metarex invasion, probably the only one that wasn't caught. Feeling guilty for not helping the others escape, she had promised to find the legendary hero, Sonic the hedgehog to help them. But with almost no fuel, she could only wish that she had arrived in Mobius, and not some other completely different planet. By the looks of it, it seemed that the latter was true. She looked at the windows of her shuttle pod, and only found complete and utter silence, with a red mist blocking her view.

Opening the door of her shuttle pod, she finds herself touching a strange yellowly grass, being even more difficult to see. For a moment she thinks she landed on a deserted planet, but is relived to see someone in the distance. A little rabbit, not much more older than her she presumes. As she gets closer, it's impossible not to feel that something bad is going to happen, the rabbit seems to not yet have noticed her, or just pretending not to. As Cosmo reaches out to the Rabbit's shoulder, looking for some sort of reaction, the rabbit turns her head and the horrible truth is revealead.

The first thing she noticed were the eyes, it's completely and unholy white eyes, as if any type of consciousness had been long gone, with the state of the body saying the same thing: Whatever this was, it wasn't alive. Cosmo instantly ran, not wanting to see what the creature could do to her. Losing herself from the shuttle pod because of the mist, her best course of action would be to find something to hide herself from the creature, who as of right now was fastly in her pursuit, getting closer and closer. Suddenly, as if on cue, the mist was slowly dissapearing, and she was starting to see some buildings near by. She decides to hide in one of the many debris of what seemed to be a city. And sure enough, the creatures walks away, without noticing her. Cosmo gets out of her hiding place, relieved. It was too easy, almost too easy.

-Look what I found...fresh meat!

Suddenly, Cosmo finds herself dodging a large crocodile in front of her, as deformed as the other she had seen.

-You doofus! This isn't meat, she's seems to be made of leafies, or something like that.

A chameleon makes himself know as he appears in one of the buildings close to her, bringing in a bunch os monsters from the upskirts of the buildings.

-Ah well, a little green never hurt anyone.

At the moment, Cosmo begun to feel...hopeless. She was going to be eaten by something she had no ideia what it was, she would fail her sisters and leave them at the mercy of the Metarex, all because she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was something surreal to think, that her journey would end here. But if she was going to go, it wouldn't be without a fight. She kicks the crocodile's leg, noticing it to be a weak spot by the amount of decay. And sure enough, his legs would go flying. Taking the crodiles off balanse, and giving her a chance to escape before the Chameleon easily cacthes up to her. Taking her by the neck, he prepares his teeth to clung into her.

-You little-

- Chaos Control!

Before the chameleon could finish his banter, a bolt of lightning attacks, sending him splattering to the ground. Cosmo turns to see her savior, a dark hedgehog wearing red stripes, she could feel his powerfull yet noble aura. Was this the famous Sonic the hedgehog she was looking for? She didn't exactly knew how he looked like, only that he was a legendary with the powerfull chaos energy. So there she was, finally founding her hero, but on completely different circumstances. As she watched the dark hedgehog taking on the creatures one by one, she was shocked to feel a pair of hands holding her shoulders,only to be even more shocked as she started flying. She screamed, cursing herself for letting be taken so easily.