11. Knowing

When Chaeyoung awoke, she found herself staring into Jaehyun's adoring brown eyes. She inhaled deeply and yawned, looking around. Last night had happened.

"Morning gorgeous." Jaehyun said, pressing his lips to hers. Chaeyoung smiled.

"Morning." She replied.

"I was going to make you breakfast in bed... but I found myself staring at you and I couldn't stop." Chaeyoung grinned sheepishly and sat up.

"Mm, breakfast in bed sounds good." She said sleepily. Jaehyun kissed her on the forehead and got out of bed. Chaeyoung averted her eyes after realizing that he was still naked. He tied a towel around his waist and hummed a random tune as he walked into the kitchen.

Chaeyoung brought her knees up to her chest and the smile faded from her face. Last night had been... interesting. She honestly didn't anticipate that it would've gotten that far but she didn't know how to back out or say no. She liked him, definitely, but for some reason she imagined that his hands would be softer, that it would've lasted longer, that it wouldn't have been as frantic. It seemed like he was almost desperate to sleep with her.

I guess that makes sense. He said he's been in love with me for a long time... Chaeyoung reasoned. Jaehyun poked his head through the door.

"Forgot to ask, how do you like your eggs?" He asked.

"Oh... um..." She didn't know. Jennie had only ever made them over easy and she liked that a lot. "Over easy, I guess."

"Huh." Jaehyun said. "Ok, I'll do my best." He said and walked back out. Chaeyoung slid out of bed and put on her clothes, picking up the pieces as she went around the room. When she walked out, Jaehyun presented her with a plate.

"I tried." He said. "Sorry, I broke the yolk." Chaeyoung sat down at the table and looked down. The eggs were fully cooked and it looked more scrambled than anything else.

"It's fine." She said.

"Well, I'm making pancakes. I'm good at that!" He insisted. Chaeyoung smiled and watched him pour the batter into the skillet. After it was done on one side, he flipped it using the pan and caught it in the air. Chaeyoung clapped and Jaehyun winked at her. When he finished there was a tall stack of them sitting steaming on a plate. He brought them over and served her the first one before he dug into his own. Chaeyoung ate and watched him.

I can get used to this. She thought and took another sip of milk. "Hey, don't forget, we have an extra class today." Jaehyun said in between bites. "Some of the guys want to come over and practice."

"I didn't forget." Chaeyoung replied.

"It'll be fun." Jaehyun grinned and looked down bashfully.

"Does that mean I get to call you my girlfriend now?" He asked. Chaeyoung pondered it. For some reason the word sounded strange in her head but she didn't see any reason why he shouldn't. They were dating, they had slept together, it was the right word.

"I guess so." She replied. Jaehyun pumped his fist in the air.

"Yes!" He said excitedly. Chaeyoung shook her head, rolling her eyes jokingly. Her glance fell on her cellphone and she remembered the text message she had sent to Jennie. She grabbed her phone and opened it, half expecting a message. When she didn't see any reply from Jennie, she frowned and wondered if her roommate was ok.

"Hey, what's up?" Jaehyun questioned, looking at the cellphone. Chaeyoung shook her head.

"It's nothing." She replied. "Let's just finish eating so we can get there early and stretch."