Chapter 7

Val:

I bit my lip and fumbled with the hem of my shirt as I walked over to where Jade was by her locker throwing some stuff into it. This girl was intimidating but I wanted to ask her or else I might regret it afterwards.

Just when I was behind her Jade turned around after closing her locker and almost ran right into me.

"Woah, Vega...."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I rambled and looked at her innocently thinking I've just made her angry at me.

"Oh it's fine. What's up?" Her features softened a little but still she crossed her arms right over her chest looking me up and down.

"I uh.. so I.. I wanted to ask you if you could help me? There's this party Friday night and I need an outfit and don't really know where to start."

I noticed a smirk tugging at her lips.

"Why not ask your sister?"

"I like your style." I shrugged.

"I knew you were the best Vega!" Jade threw an arm around my shoulder, "I'll help you. Tell you what I'm going to come over later anyways so I will bring some of my clothes and we figure something out. Might also find something for your date with Cat then." Jade winked at me at the last part making me blush.

"Sounds good...", I mumbled, "So..  see you later than?"

"Yeah, see you, little one." Jade let go off me and walked away.

I smiled proud of myself that I actually asked her. Seems like Jade wasn't so bad after all.

---------------------------💕--------------------------

After school at home I sat at our kitchen table doing homework while Tori was in the living room reading and learning a script or so. It was quiet between us but when I looked up at Tori she was already staring at me. I knew she was thinking about something and I think I knew what it was about.

I sighed and put my pen on the table before getting up and walking over to where Tori sat. Sitting down next to her I kept eye contact.

"I know you wanna talk about it and... I'm sorry I never told you it's just... I promise you I'll never do it again. The scars aren't fresh anyways... just itching a little."

She sighed and put away her script so she could completely focus on me.

"I just feel like I failed as a sister."

"Tori, no, you could never fail. You're the best sister in the world!"

I wrapped my arms around her waist, she did the same to me immediately pulling me into a hug like we did in the past so often. Hiding my face in the crook of her neck I enjoyed being with my sister.

"I love you, Tori and I'm happy to have you. I'll come talk to you if I ever feel like doing that again alright?"

"You better do, please... and I love you too, Teddy." She kissed my head and I felt some of her tears hitting my shoulder making me squeeze her.

That's when the doorbell rang and at the same time someone roughly knocked against the door. Both Tori and I looked at each other.

"Jade." We said at the same time both of us rolling our eyes a little at that.

I got up to open the door so Tori could wipe the tears out of her face in the meanwhile.

"Hey Val, thanks for letting me in."

I only smiled at the girl and closed the door after she entered our home. Jade stopped in the living room nodding at Tori in a greeting manner as Tori came over to us.