24

i can't fkn believe i updated again lmaoaoo how is this even possible with me??? its like one of those signs before a massive tragedy strikes oml anyways, yall enjoy whatever this chapter is. author was pretty much high again.

Chapter Twenty-Four:

"I can't believe this," Verde hisses from where he's nestled between Ron's orange hair. "I can't believe you didn't ask Sirius what he was doing at that wretched things place or, OR, whether or not Sirius was your legal guardian."

"Verde--," Harry tries to say but gets cut off for the millionth time.

"No," Verde seethes. "No. You cannot talk, Master. Not until I've gotten this all out of my system. How could you be THAT stupid? HOW?"

"He's been hissing at you all day," Ron says, moving a pawn piece across the chessboard. "What did you do?" He asks.

"It's more of what I didn't do," Harry answers quietly. He moves his own pawn piece across the chessboard and then sags into his yellow chair dramatically. "I can't believe I'm being chastised by my own familiar," he groans.

"And do you know what I call that?" Verde continues on like Harry and Ron hadn't just talked over him, "bullshit, that's what."

"I, um," Ron hesitates for a moment, biting into his bottom lip. He eventually picks up his knight and moves it across the board. "I noticed that, um," he lowers his voice into a whisper, "Hannah Abbott and her friends keep staring at you."

Harry flickers his gaze across the Hufflepuff common room and speaks in a flat tone, "I've noticed."

It's hard not to. Abbott and her two friends, Macmillan and Finch-Fletchley are way too easy to notice. It's almost like they want Harry to see, but, well, he's not interested. He already has a group of friends who force him to eat when he forgets to and take him on walks around Hogwarts like he's some sort of pet they're trying really hard to keep alive.

Ironic, really.

Harry's life has always been one big joke.

"I'm not interested in them," Harry says, turning his gaze back to Ron. "You want to know what I'm really interested in, though?"

Ron sighs deeply. "Treacle tart," he replies monotonically.

"Exactly," Harry preens. He stands to his feet and beckons Ron to follow. "I've been without my precious treacle tart for the past three hours," he pauses to make a weirdly realistic sobbing sound, "how have I even survived up until now?"

Ron follows after him with an exasperated yet fond expression. From atop his head, Verde has not once stopped his assault on Harry. "Are you even listening to me? Hello? See, this is exactly why you can't get shit done. Master! Master!!"

"When are you going to stop?" Harry whines, pushing past a door and then walking down a short passage. He shoves a few barrels out of his way and ends up in the kitchens. "I understand, really, it's just not that easy."

"Oh, it's easy," Verde sasses him. "All you have to do is ask."

Harry groans loudly and rolls his green eyes. "I can't help it, okay? I get into a trance and then, well," he stops talking when his face heats up in embarrassment.

"Uh huh," Verde hums. "You get doped up on endorphins and your brain cells, all two of them, just stop working. Whether it's with the homicidal moron or with the dumb dog."

"Sirius isn't dumb," Harry defends his godfather. He leads Ron to a small table in the middle of the kitchen that the Hogwarts elves have prepared for them. "And I can't even say anything about Tom because it's true."