Chapter 6

TW!!-DEATH

(Y/k/n)= your kit name, just in case you didn't see the update on chapter 1

Your wound was healed now, a faint scar left behind.
You avoided other cats as much as you could, especially scourge.

You hated the anxious feeling that constantly pooled in your stomach, scourges words at the back of your mind, no matter how hard you tried to forget about it, you couldn't, you always caught yourself thinking about it without even trying. It frustrated you.

You decided to go for a hunt, maybe that would help take your mind of things. You trotted through the Twolegplace in hope of catching a whiff of mice, however the smell of trash overwhelmed you making it difficult to find and prey.

You walked through a forest clearing, the scent of prey making your mouth water. A plump vole caught your eye and you immediately dropped down to a crouch, your tail low to the ground. You moved slowly, not taking your eyes off of it. A loud snap was heard and you froze, the vole scurried off.

Annoyed, you got back up about to see what scared off your prey, but then it hit you, A foul scent invaded your nose, low rumbling sounding through your ears. Your heart dropped to your stomach.

Dogs...

Three of them...

You bolted away, your body felt hot with the adrenaline running through you. Your heartbeat drowned out the sounds of the dogs barking behind you, but you knew they were chasing you. You could practically feel their hot breath on your tail as they closed in on you.

Your eyes darted around, looking for anything that'd help you get away from the smelly beasts. The closest thing to you was a tree that was small in size compared to the others farther behind it.

You were beginning to get tired, so you used the rest of your strength to dart up the tree, one of the dogs nipping your tail in the process, causing you to hiss at the sharp pain.

You climbed up to the highest branch that'd hold your weight, however it was thin and swayed with your movement and it wasn't high enough to keep you feeling reassured. The dogs were right under you, jumping up in order to get you, only a kitstep away from being successful each time.

Your heart beat harshly in your ears, you kept your tail tucked closely to your body, trying to keep as still as possible, an occasional hiss being drawn whenever a dog got a little too close.

It felt like forever before the dogs stopped jumping, they lied at the bottom of the tree, two were dozing off as other one had it's full attention on you. You were annoyed.

Why are they so persistent? Why can't they just go away?

A cracking noise broke you out of your thought, it had alerted the dogs too because they were up now, their eyes glued on you. It sounded again but this time you felt the branch you were on shift.

You began to panic. The thin branch you were on began to give way and you were wracking your brain on what to do.

If you moved, the branch would break for sure and if you stayed there it'd be the same outcome. You decided to take your chances.

You jumped onto the trees trunk, the branch breaking immediately, you dug your claws into the bark, hanging on for dear life.

The dogs were getting restless, barking loudly causing saliva to fling everywhere. You scrunched your nose in disgust as some of it got on your fur. Your paws began feeling sore, your claws felt as though they were going to be ripped out from having to hold your weight.