Chapter 7

"What do you want?" You spat.

Your voice came out hoarse, your throat dry and scratchy .

"Is that the way you talk to the person that saved your life?"

You didn't respond, ignoring him and lying back down. It's true he saved your life, but he's the reason you're in this situation in the first place. He took everything away from you and made you feel helpless.

He stood there, staring at you with an icy glare and a scowl on his face.

"You looked pathetic." He starts. "You can't even outrun a dog and you called yourself a warrior." He's now in front of you, staring down at you. You still didn't look at him.

"That tells me a lot about ThunderClan if they have people like you as their warriors." He says, you can't tell whether he's being genuine or if he's just trying to rile you up.

"Well sorry they're not barbaric like you and your clan." You spat back, glaring up at him.

"Is that supposed to be insulting? You need to be barbaric in order to survive, little mouse." He said.

Back to the nicknames? You rolled your eyes.

"Starting in one sunrise, I'm going to be training you personally, I can't have a weak cat in my clan-"

"WHAT!" You shriek, cutting him off.

"I should have a say in this!" You yelled, getting up. "Well you don't, you do as I say, end of discussion." He growled, walking away before you could respond.

You sat there in annoyance and frustration. You sighed, laying back down you began to groom yourself, trying to stop your mind from racing.

~~~~~~

"How much farther?" You groaned, panting slightly, your legs beginning to get tired and you almost trip over a rock.

"We haven't even been walking long and you're already tired, it seems we'll be working on your stamina first." He sighed. After walking through the forest for a little while longer you made it to a large clearing, the trees in the distance looked small from where you stood. The grass was up to your stomach, you were panting heavily now and your legs were shaky.

"We're going to play a game I call predator and prey, it's easy I'm the predator and you're the prey, I'm going to chase you and you're going to run and try not to get caught..." He circled you, his eyes examining you.

"You have to get to a tree in order to win, if you get caught before that we'll start over, I'll give you short breaks since you're a beginner, we'll start here but over time we'll move to the forest and there'll be more obstacles for you. We start now." He said, before suddenly jumping at you. You managed to dodge him, surprising yourself.

"Wait! I'm not ready!" You yelped, trying to get away.

"An enemy won't wait for you to get ready." He replied, about to pounce again.

You turned and ran as fast as you could, Scourge right on your tail, nipping your fur. You were beginning to get tired, you didn't even get halfway across the clearing.

You gasped when you were suddenly knocked onto your stomach, a weight on your back not allowing you to get back up. He leaned down, you could feel his breath on your ear.

"Caught you little mouse."

You felt your face heating up, squirming under him to try and get up. He backed up off of you. "You tire to quickly, we're going again." He said before trotting back to where you first started.

~~~~~

"I think that's enough for today."

It's sundown now, you and Scourge had been going at it the whole time, only taking short breaks, you hadn't made it to a tree, he caught you each time, however you did notice that you've gotten a little bit closer to the tree than when you first began.

You and Scourge were both panting heavily, your legs felt like jelly and your chest hurt with each breath you took.

"You've improved somewhat, but you still have a long way to go." Scourge said, walking ahead of you.

"Your stamina is still low and you tire quickly, even more than a normal cat, it's pretty embarrassing."

"Thanks." You say, sarcasm in your voice. You noticed he was different today, less cocky than usual, you almost forgot how shitty he actually was.

It didn't take too long before you both finally made it back to the alley, it was dark, the only source of light being the moon. Scourge walks away after telling you to go to sleep since you both will be doing the same thing again at sun high.

You crawled under the dumpster and lied down on the damp ground, you fell asleep fairly quickly due to the exhaustion that built up throughout the day.

You want to get as much sleep as you can before you both go at it again.