1

Dream's twitch channel had been inactive for months. All his social media sites hadn't been updated for weeks. To his fans, it was like he disappeared, and nobody knew why. Well, nobody except George. 

  Months had passed since Dream had confessed to him in their separate call on Discord, and he had done the same. Months later, his mind would return to that conversation. 

  George knew he had killed Dream internally when he ended the call like that, but Dream didn't know that George lost a bit of himself when he did that.

  George struggled with expressing his feelings, and Dream made him feel ambivalent. Dream was the reason he was still streaming, the reason he looked forward to creating content. 

  Dream was the reason George believed in love. 

  He'd never believed he was capable of caring for someone he met online and spoken to only on Discord, then facetime and finally through daily texts to the extent he'd fallen for them, but Dream made it possible. 

  Yet, he knew he couldn't date Dream. He didn't even know why he had pushed Dream away but, it seemed like the best thing to do. 

  Initially, George struggled to resist the urge to call Dream and apologise, tell him he wanted to try something with him, but, soon, he could go hours and even days without thinking about Dream. He even managed to score himself a girlfriend, and he was very happy with her, at least that's what he made himself believe. 

  Dream, on the other hand, had completely fallen apart. He'd lost the only person he wanted to live for and all for some silly crush. 

  He blamed himself constantly, punishing himself by starving himself, and even filming apology videos for George. He couldn't send them though, George had blocked him. 

  On social media, however, things looked normal. George and Dream were still following each other, and George interacted with fans as per normal, but Dream, he barely opened Twitter and Instagram, was something he barely used anyway.

  Dream had lost all control of his life, going days without eating or sleeping. All he'd do was lie in bed, torturing himself by thinking of George. It seemed that the overwhelming anguish brought by thinking of George somehow still kept him breathing. Who knew what he would have done otherwise?

  Dream hadn't even spoken to his other friends, including Sapnap, who constantly called him despite not knowing what had happened. He'd ignored his calls, not wanting to speak of it to anyone. 

  He stayed confined to the four walls in his room, depressed and lonely. 

  Worrying his mother wasn't an option either, so he'd occasionally send texts or flowers to her, letting her know he was fine. He couldn't risk letting his mother know how much of a mess he was. 

  Dream's once well-built body had withered into this skinny, frail frame hidden under his hoodies. He was lost, without George, he had no motivation to play Minecraft, and streaming had become nothing more than a chore.

  "A large pepperoni pizza, no pineapples and don't be stingy with the olives," Dream said into the phone, mustering up a chuckle in response to the laugh he'd received from the other end. 

  Dream had given in to his hunger and ordered a pizza; the order was more than familiar to him. He'd recalled George mentioning how he hated pineapples on his pizza, and since that day, Dream stopped taking them on his pizza as well. 

  He cursed under his breath, he realised just how much of an impact George had on his life to the point Dream had changed his regular pizza order just for him. He couldn't even tell whether he'd done so subconsciously or not.