4

Dream and George spent the next couple of days rekindling their friendship. It didn't feel like how it was before their fallout, but it felt good not to be hated by the other. 

  George told Dream about the plan- Sapnap would arrive in London and stay with George for two days before they flew out to Florida together.

  "If I'm being honest, I didn't think I was going to go to Florida after we fought- it didn't seem right," George mentioned on their last phone call before Sapnap got to London. 

  "Yeah, neither did I," Dream admitted, recalling how hard he tried keeping his house as clean as possible for George, only to realise he wasn't going to visit him. 

  "How do you think the fans would react?" George asked. 

  "To be honest, I don't know. After my last stream, I'm very sure they think something is up between us," Dream replied, regret forming in his heart as memories of what he had done on stream came flooding back to him. 

  "Unless you don't want to tell them?"

  "They'd figure it out anyway. Our fans are like detectives," Dream joked.

  As they hung up, Dream felt at ease. After months of living in the dark, worried he'd chased George away from his life, he finally cleared the air- somewhat. To top it off, he was going to meet George in real life! He almost didn't believe this was actually happening. 

  Dream knew he had to address the situation of his stream. His fans would blow anything out of proportion just to defend him. Sometimes, it was worth it, but he knew he was in the wrong this time. 

  "Hey, guys!" He said to his stream. 

  Dream made the impulsive decision to go live to explain what had happened. 

  "So, this stream isn't really a stream; I'm just here to clear the air."

  Dream watched apprehensively as his chat began blowing up, some throwing hate at him while others were worried about him. 

  "Okay, so if you were on my stream a couple of days ago, you'd know that I destroyed George's tower on the SMP, and George came in acting all mad and stuff," he paused, observing his chat's reaction. 

  "I just wanted to say that this was a joke, and George wasn't actually mad; he was just teasing me. George and I are on good terms, don't worry."

  Dream's chat exploded into relief. 

  "Now DNF can be real."

  "When's the meetup?"

  "They're in their break up arc."

  "Is DNF real?"

  The comments in his chat started to get overwhelming for him. His brain wasn't functioning. Seeing comments shipping him and George suddenly triggered something in him. 

  "Uh, bye guys," he practically jumped over to the plug and disconnected his PC.  

  Sweat began forming on Dream's forehead as those comments about him, and George brought back feelings and thoughts he had long forgotten- or at least he thought he'd forgotten. 

  Dream fell onto his bed, unable to get his mind off George- how even after everything, he still had some form of feelings for him. 

  He knew it was wrong; obviously, George had a girlfriend, and their feelings for each other had created the whole mess in the first place. Besides, they'd just started to mend their friendship, and it would be ridiculous if Dream made a move on George over feelings he should never have had in the first place.