"We're Gonna Need A Spotlight"

"False alarm," Dorian said as we approached the barrier. "It's just a horse."

"Must've gotten out of the stables and wandered across the barrier spell," Dr. Saltzman suggested.

"Except we don't have a white horse," Hope told him then the horse in question turned around and a horn was on its forehead.

"Is that a unicorn?" I gasped in surprise.

"You're a literal goddess and you're surprised at a unicorn?" Dr. Saltzman asked with a questioning look on his face.

"Because I've never seen one in person. Athena told me stories but I never believed her." I stepped forward to pet it but Dorian stopped me.

"Alexius, be careful."

"What's it gonna do, kill her with kindness?" Hope sassed and I hid my smile. "It's a harmless unicorn."

"Hope's right. As long as we keep it alive, other creatures won't be coming for the urn. So we just stay alert and let it be," Dr. Saltzman told us.

࿊࿊࿊

"Get up, Alexius. You have training," Artemis' voice and an object hitting my head woke me up from another night of twisting and turning.

"What if I just laid in bed all day? That sounds nice."

"Me kicking your ass sounds equally as nice." My sister removed the covers off of my body and I groaned, rolling my eyes. "If you're not ready in five minutes, you're running 20 laps around the campus."

"You know you don't have to be by my side every second of the day, I'm sure Hera wouldn't mind if you took the day to yourself."

"30 laps plus 2 hours of sword fighting."

"I am up. Oh my Zeus." Artemis smiled and ruffled my hair then walked out of my room.

࿊࿊࿊

"Good morning, Saltzman twins," I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around their shoulders. "How was Europe? I'm hurt that I didn't receive an invitation to see Mama Forbes."

"Hello, Alexius," Josie greeted me while Lizzie took my protein shake but scrunched her face and put it back into my hand once she took a sip. "Mom sends her love."

"Disgusting," Lizzie mumbled making me laugh. She directed us in the direction of Hope, Landon, and Rafael.

"Why are we walking towards them?" I whispered my question.

"Because we are new and improved Saltzman twins. 2.0," she answered and stopped us in front of the trio. "Good morning, Rafael."

"Hi," the werewolf hesitated and I rolled my eyes. "Uh, how was your trip."

"Excellent. Thank you," Josie replied then turned to Landon. "And welcome back, Landon."

"Didn't you vote me out?" he rhetorically asked the question but I still responded.

"Yep, and if I had a vote, I would have too." The brunette twin lightly slapped my hand that was on her shoulder. I ignored Hope's look and focused on Lizzie's next words.

"That's all in the past. Now, is everyone as excited as I am about tonight?"

"What's happening tonight?" Landon questioned.

"The school's annual talent show." A bright smile lit up the tribrid's face which I've only seen in private. "All the factions compete. You know, the witch performance wouldn't be the same - without you two," she complimented the twins which was also weird.