"There's a Mummy On Main Street"

"SPRING BREAK!" I shouted as Artemis and I started sparring. "Where do you wish to go, sister? We could visit our nieces and nephews at Camp Half-Blood or maybe cause some trouble and go to Camp Jupiter."

"How about we go home?" she suggested, blocking ny hit to her torso.

"That's boring. I know, let's go on an Alaskan cruise."

"There you two are," Dr. Saltzman murmured, walking into the gym and interrupting our session. "I need you to come get the urn with me."

"You've located it?" Artemis asked and Dr. Saltzman nodded his head.

"It's in the river of a small, little town called Maple Hollows."

"This is how I'm spending my spring break," I groaned, throwing my head back.

࿊࿊࿊

"Dr. Saltzman, this van is very white of you," Kaleb said from the backseat and I had to agree with him.

"He's right." I glanced to my side at the headmaster. "You couldn't have gotten a more sophisticated minivan."

"It's retro," Dr. Saltzman argued.

"It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels," Lizzie corrected her father.

Hope sighed, sitting back up. "I brought snacks," she informed us, giving Emma and Dorian some then handed me my sour gummy worms after taking one for herself.

"Oh, sweet. Did you pack them before or after you decided to FOMO your way onto our trip?"

"Like I'm gonna let you guys chase monsters without me?"

"I would've thought you wanted to spend the break canoodling with your hipster boyfriend," Lizzie spat, looking at me through the mirror and I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry for wanting to protect the outside world from my mistakes. You know, there's currently an urn on a river cruise spreading plagues across America because I thought a unicorn was cute. It's called accountability. Maybe there's a bracelet for it."

I choked on a gummy worm at Hope's remake while Kaleb said 'damn'.

"Or maybe you just wanted to ruin yet another Saltzman spring break."

"When have I ever ruined a spring break?" Hope inquired of the blonde.

"Girls?" Dr. Saltzman interrupted their banter. "We're gonna be in this classic automobile for six hours, all right? So, no bickering."

"It would help if it wasn't a thousand degrees in here. I'm burning up," the tribrid complained, fanning herself with her hand.

"You're burning up. Now, that's ironic," Lizzie scoffed.

"What does that even mean?"

"Don't play dumb. I see you. I see right through you."

"I don't know what you're talking about. What happened to playing nice?"

"Over. Done. I'm getting back to me. I am who I am. Right, Josie?" the blonde called on her twin but the brunette had headphones in. "Josie?"

"Sorry?" Josie asked, taking them out.

"Josie, you cannot leave me alone with just her for company."

"Well, I get carsick if I don't listen to music." She shrugged her shoulders and placed her headphones back in her ear.

"Josie! No!" Lizzie reached over to hit her twin, getting Hope involved and they all started hitting each other.

"Girls!" Dr. Saltzman shouted but they continued slapping each other. He swerved when we almost hit a car. "Girls! There is no reason to be tense or awkward, okay? Now knock it off," he scolded them and they finally quieted down. "We're gonna get through this together." He glanced at me, murmuring, "God help us all."