𝟶𝟷.

- I didn't proofread.

𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈, 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈 -
Beloved of the Lord;
Friend of God.

𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈, 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈 -Beloved of the Lord; Friend of God

「︎ 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 」︎

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

His siblings watched as their dad beat him black and blue. Punches back to back straight to his chest— Jasani cried for his mom but she acted like she didn't see. As usual. Josiah grabbed his little sister off of the couch who was too busy drinking her bottle to notice what was going on.

Picking her up off of the couch he walked upstairs with her, squinting his eyes at his little brother screams.

Today he was mad because Jasani teacher  suggested that they should talk to the board so he could move up a grade. She explained that he wasn't functioning right with the rest of the first graders.

He was smarter and needed more of a "push." The first grade was just too easy for him. He wasn't getting the right education. He would get done with the work less than a minute and he would become bored.

When he was bored he liked to play— as any other six year old child would. She explained to his parents that and Jason took it as if he was being a burden and disrupting the class.

Jason knew what his son needed and what was best for him. He didn't care about a teachers suggestion because that was his son. He raised him. He fed him. He bathed him, and he put a roof over his head.

He didn't care what a rich white lady had to say— in his words.

He was going to do what he wanted to do with his headache of a son. Wiping the sweat off of his face he yanked Jasani up by his half ripped white beater. "Fix your face!" He yelled in his face making spit fall on him.

Jasani was in a huge amount of pain but he had to fix his face like his father said or he would be in more pain and he didn't want that. Trying his best to stand up straight, he looked his father in the eyes trying his best to be tough.

He couldn't be weak. He was strong.

Jason grabbed his book bag that was on the couch pulling out a folder. Grabbing some work he slapped it down on the table and grabbed a pencil.

"Sit down." He spoke calmly. Jasani slowly walked his little feet to the table and sat down in the chair, ignoring the throbbing feeling in his head.

Jason handed Sani the pencil and told him to do the assignment that was in front of him. It was math. Jasani loved math. He loved working with numbers and loved learning the solution of a simple math problem.