Prologue

-+c+-
PROLOGUE
-+c+-

Warning: death and impalement

THE NIGHT AIR WAS CALM and pleasant. A gentle breeze brushed across the smooth cheeks of two girls who walked along a worn path. Their feet had traced those steps many times before and fell into familiar holes that had been formed over time by people just like them.

One of the girls, wearing a black leather jacket and skirt, was occupied with a scrumptious-looking ice cream cone. Her brown, wavy hair fell down her shoulders like waves of chocolate and ended at her chest.

  The other, blond and a bit larger (particularly around the middle), was fitted in a casual blue dress that complimented her crystal eyes. Her hair was dirty blonde, fluffy and short.

The brown-haired young woman was Petra Parker, your average high school student whose worries were of the upcoming exams, boys, being on time to her 4'o clock shift, and college.
  At least that is what the public eye saw...

Every person has secrets right? And few know of the ones deep down..but no matter how much you think you know a person, there's always something else they're hiding.
  For Petra Parker, it was her secret identity.

She was New York's infamous vigilante, Spider-Girl, and only two very special people knew. Her best friend, Cecily, and her Aunt; the closest people to her, the most vulnerable, and the most at risk.

Naturally, if you wanted to take down Spider-Girl, you wouldn't go straight for her, but rather for those she loved.

And that's exactly what happened.

A vibration in her pocket jerked Petra's mouth away from her melting ice cream. "Hang on," she mumbled to her friend beside her. "I gotta take this. Mind holding..?"

Cecily grabbed her cone while Petra answered her phone.

"Yes, May?" She asked after seeing the caller.

A voice came through the phone, but it was not her aunt's.

"Hello, Spider-Girl."

Petra froze, her breath catching in her throat at the sound of that voice. Cecily noticed her abrupt stop and turned to her questioningly. "What's up?"

"What do you want?" Petra asked cautiously, trying to hide the quivering in her voice.

"To tell the truth..." the person chuckled. "I want you."