6 - Laboratory Experiments

-+c+-
CHAPTER SIX
-+c+-

Once all the Spider-Men were inside, along with Petra, MJ, and Ned, they set to work on fixing the cures

"Okay," Peter one began as he dropped the contents of the bag onto a desk. "So, uh..Connors, Marko, Dillan and uh..." he paused as he looked at the cure for the Green Goblin.

"Osborn." Petra finished for him.

"Look, I think I can fix the devices for Dillan and Marko, but the others..." He trailed off.

Peter three grabbed a cure and told them, "I got Connors, I've already cured him once, so it's no big deal."

They all looked at him in surprise.

"What?" Peter three asked. "It's no big deal."

"Great." Old Peter chimed.

"Yeah, that's great." Peter one added.

"Don't mess it up!" Petra teased.

Peter three chose to ignore her comment and walked away to work in private.

"I think I can make an anti-serum for Doctor Osborn." Old Peter said as he inspected the cure. "Been thinking about it a long time."

Peter one was staring down with an angry glint in his eye, like he was doubting whether he wanted to cure the man who killed Aunt May.

"We got to help all of them," Petra said softly. "Right?"

Peter one met her gaze and muttered, "right."

"It's what we do." Petra finished and picked up one of the cures. "I'll help you with these two, Pete, if you'll assist me along the way."

"Yeah, sure," he sniffed, picking up the other cure. As he raised his head, he noticed MJ staring at them. "What?"

"It's just..." MJ pointed. "Girl you. Plus two more you's."

Peter one shrugged with a short chuckle. "Yeah, well, she's not so bad."

"Why did you have to come to his universe?" MJ asked Petra.

She shrugged in reply.

"You couldn't find anything better?" MJ teased, raising her brows at Peter one.

Petra chuckled and patted Peter on the back jokingly. "His world's a bit chaotic, but nothing we can't handle."

Peter gave her a small smile before sitting down to work.