11 - Sealed Kiss

-+c+-
CHAPTER 11
-+c+-

Destruction rained from the sky, sending endless debris crashing down onto its onlookers and showering the ground with dust

Destruction rained from the sky, sending endless debris crashing down onto its onlookers and showering the ground with dust. Petra watched with frightened eyes as the scaffolding around the statue collapsed before her, but she knew that Old Peter would make sure everyone was safe. He did seem to be the most reliable. The construction work crumpled to the ground with loud crashes, sending more debris into the air.

To add to the chaos, purple cracks appeared in the sky, slowly branching out and tearing apart the peaceful starry night. Petra shared a confused look with Peter three, unsure whether she was hallucinating.

"You seeing this?" She muttered.

"Yeah.." Peter three replied with his eyes glued to the unearthly fracture in the heavens.

Then came a churning feeling in her gut, one she had felt before, at a time where someone was in need; it was anguished, and enraged, reaching out for help. Petra's body turned instinctively to where her senses determined the plea was coming from. She could feel it coming toward her in waves, crashing and then receding with a continuous throb.

Petra reached out to the distressed feeling through her senses, acknowledging its presence and asking for it to open up to her. In response, a fraught, raw voice cried out, "Petra!"

She immediately ran forward despite the screams of protest from her weary legs and hobbled toward the voice. "Peter!"

Her stumbling feet led her to a ledge that overlooked the sea; below it was the broken remains of a circular disc, where Peter one was crouched. Another figure stood opposite him, a toothy grin etched on his worn face and eyes alight with an excited flame.

The Goblin, Petra realized with horror.

"Is everyone okay?" Peter one yelled, slightly inclining his head to see her, eyes straining to catch even just a glimpse of her face.

"Yes!" Petra called back after peering over her shoulder to see Ned and MJ.

Then she watched tensely, her gaze glued on the two opponents facing each other, both ready to strike but waiting for the other to make the first move.

Petra could practically feel the anger bubbling up in Peter one, and knew where all his hatred would lead. The Goblin must have said something that let Peter's temper lose, because the fight turned vicious. Peter slashed out ravenously with spitting fury. Every muscle was taut, every hair stood up, every organ and skin cell and nerve felt aflame with a fierce, scathing fire.

Petra watched in horror from her little view on the land, peering down to see an inevitable fight that could only end in one situation. The furious blows from Peter sent chills up her spine, because she too had once controlled that fist which drilled savagely into her enemy. The tears in Peter's eyes trembled with all the weight of his burdens, but he did not show weakness.
He was out for revenge.