9 - Redemption

—+c+—
CHAPTER NINE
—+c+—

Lightning and sand flew through the air as Petra flung herself into the fray, dodging electricity and claws

  She dove underneath the hands of the giant sandman and lured the lizard (who had just been whacked in the face) inside the scaffolding.

"Okay, Spider-People!" Peter one said. "Sandman's first!"

Petra sprinted across the halls of the scaffolding, glancing back every few seconds to see how close the snarling jaws of the Lizard were to her butt.

She flung out webs above her and launched herself up. The lizard charged on, blowing right past her, and gave Petra a chance to escape.

"I'm gonna lead him inside the statue," Old Peter informed them.

"I'll meet you at the top!" Petra replied, running blindly away from wherever the Lizard was. Suddenly her senses burst aflame and she instinctively ducked. As she did so, another frame jumped over her.

They both turned swiftly to face each other, ready to fight, only to realize they were both Parker's.

"Oh, hey." Petra sighed in relief as she saw Peter three.

"Nice duck." He said, gesturing to her.

"Nice jump..." She answered, her voice dying out at her last word. Peter three was facing her, but her eyes weren't focused on him. Something was moving behind Peter three and coming straight at them. "Run!" She yelled, grabbing his wrist and hauling him forward.

They scrambled along with the Lizard close behind, bouncing off the walls, sliding across the ground and bending every which way to avoid the monster. Petra spotted the cure which was webbed to the wall and dove forward to catch it, flying under Peter three when he jumped above her. The Lizard's attention wavered as he had to choose between two prey. With powerful strides, he bounded forward and snatched Petra with his large claws.

She fell against the ground with a groan, struggling to keep the cure away from the creature. The Lizard's tail swayed back and forth as he closed around her once again.
"PETER THREE!" Petra yelled, stretching her hand out that held the cure.

With swift movements, Peter three snatched the cure and slammed into the Lizard. "Hey, Doctor Conners..!"

"Hello, Peter." The creature hissed back.

"It talks?!" She gasped as she hauled herself off the ground.

Petra had risen to her feet when the Lizard was distracted and was crawling up the outer edge of the scaffolding. She caught sight of a swinging form toward her and recognized the suit of Peter one.
Petra called his name through comms and tossed the cure out to him, trusting that he would catch it.