- 2 -

Leofric Cyneheard Wymane

He could hear the excited screams from his sister, her cheering piercing through the quiet air in the garden.

"Woooohoooo!

"My love! Here I come!"

"We'll be together forever! My only one true love!"

Meanwhile, everyone else was appalled. They watched the Princess having the time of her life, by jumping off the balcony. 

Towards her self-proclaimed lover.

That was a tree. 

However, for Leofric, this was a normal occurrence. 

"What a crazy--!" Edric choked out, letting out a laugh of disbelief. 

"Oh my lord of all things sweet and spicy," a servant muttered out. "What have I just witnessed?"

"Zele!" Rowena cried out. 

"Her Highness! Her Highness jumped off the balcony!"

"Call the doctor! The royal doctor!"

"The Duke is going to kill us all!"

"I pray for the gods above to spare us some mercy from the Duke's wrath. Amen. Amen…"

"This is no time to be praying!"

"Guards, hurry to the garden! Quickly!" Edric commanded, turning to his side. "Find the Princess at all costs!"

The spot where Leofric occupied was empty now. 

"Leo--Leo? Where are you?!"

At the same time, Leofric leapt down the balcony, grabbing onto the tree branch and making his way down to the garden swiftly. He swept off the dirt and leaves on his outfit, marching his way towards the tree that Zelene claimed to be her beloved.

His appearance was impeccable as before. 

He looked up, seeing his drunken sister hugging the tree trunk in the moonlight. Her eyes were closed as she pressed her face against the trunk. 

She smacked her lips together, mumbling incoherently. 

"...really now."

He sighed in relief, stretching out his hand. 

It would be even more surprising if she landed on the ground. 

There was a reason why his mother never kept tall trees in the garden ever again. 

"Light."

Balls of light flew out from his hands, situating themselves between the leaves. It lit up the tree, making it appear ethereal and Zelene opened her eyes. 

"Woah! So pretty!"

She waved her hands about, clapping and letting out a happy cheer. Her dress was ruined since it scraped against the branches, but Zelene did not care. 

"So, are you happy now? My dearest sister?" Leofric asked, crossing his arms. "About your debutante."

"Yes! Happy!" she giggled, raising her hands in the air. "So happy, brother! It was terribly fun!"

"If you are that happy, why don't you--"

"--come down from the tree now, like a good daughter."

Leofric released a startled yelp, spinning around. 

His father stood behind him in an imposing manner. 

Leofric gulped nervously. 

"Care to explain, my dear son?"