- 4 -

Leofric Cyneheard Wymane

The carriage equipped with mana stones was situated in front of Leofric. The faster he reached the academy, the better. These types of expensive carriages were only used by the royal family to reach their destination in record time. 

Leofric spun around, facing his parents. 

He was dressed in a long-sleeved white shirt, his first two buttons were unbuttoned. His outfit came along with dark brown pants, and a scarf to strap his sword to his hip. 

He didn't want to dress like a nobleman, since he didn't want anyone to recognise him. Alas, his towering height along with his striking appearance of his slightly tousled platinum blonde hair and amethyst eyes did not help. 

"I can't believe I'm sending off another child of mine so soon…" 

"I'll be back soon, mother. With Zele."

His mother embraced him, her voice trembling slightly. "Make sure to come back, the both of you."

"..."

Leofric smiled, bending down and hugging his mother back. "Worry not, mother."

The mother and son withdrew, and the mother dabbed her eyes with her handkerchief. 

His father approached him. 

"You have suffered much, my son."

"It's nothing new," Leofric smiled in resignation, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Just another day of looking out for my troublesome younger sister."

"I'm proud of you."

"For impersonating a noble lady?"

"Wh-what? That's not--"

"I'm joking, father."

"You brat, you still have the mood to joke around?"

Leofric widened his smile. 

For his family, he would sacrifice everything he had. 

His father reached out, patting his son on the back. "Come back soon, your mother and I will be waiting."

Leofric nodded, before something occurred to him. 

"Do you think Zele ever learned how to brew tea properly after being in the academy?"

His father went still, letting out a groan. "Don't remind me."

His mother laughed through her tears. "Oh, that silly girl. I still remember the taste of it, till this day." 

Leofric chuckled and he gave his father a short hug. "It was bitter beyond words, and...slightly spicy?"

"We'll still drink her tea anyway," his father laughed.  "We are the only ones who can." 

"Of course, she's our most precious daughter." 

"The two of you can look forward to it again."

His father shook his head with a helpless smile, and his mother didn't seem so upset anymore. 

Leofric gave his parents one last glance, boarding the carriage. 

"Let's go."

"Yes, Your Highness."

The rider held another mana stone in his hand, slotting it into an opening. 

There was a wave of energy that exploded out from the carriage as it took off into the sky. The Duke shielded his wife from the impact, the two of them staring at the carriage riding off into the horizon.