- 6 -

Leofric Cyneheard Wymane

The students were giggling to themselves, watching as their teacher, Miss Bronscone was constantly sighing.

The beautiful and mysterious noble lady, whom Leofric learnt was his sister's roommate, went back to laying her head on the table after informing Miss Bronscone of his sister's location.

Her expression went back to one of indifference.

It was as if this was a common occurrence.

Leofric truly wondered.

How many people in this academy did Zelene have under her thumbs?

"Miss Bronscone."

Leofric raised his hand, keeping his voice soft and gentle, like a typical noble lady.

"Yes, what is it now?"

"I can help you concerning Her Highness."

Miss Bronscone lifted her head, observing Leofric more carefully now. "Now that I get a good look at you, you are really...tall for a lady."

"Yes, she is!"

"Maybe her family is full of tall people!"

"I'm envious."

His classmates began to agree along with their teacher.

"How can you help me with Zelene?"

"You see," Leofric lowered his eyes, smiling. "I grew up in a family full of knights, I learnt a trick or two from them regarding troublemakers."

Yes, he had to deal with the most troublesome hazard of all.

Zelene Cyneheard Wymane.

He noticed a curious gaze upon him and he glanced up, meeting the sapphire eyes of the lady from earlier.

Iria.

That was her name, wasn't it?

The moment their eyes met, something flitted past her eyes.

It was a mixture of mockery and familiarity.

Her arm moved to the table and she rested her chin on her palm, mouthing some words to him.

"Good luck."

She tilted her head, her indifferent expression changed into a soft smile.

"..."

Leofric was stunned, his eyes widening.

Despite her smile being insincere and cold, he was still rooted to the ground by that sight.

It wasn't his first time seeing a woman smile. However, there was just something about the way the smile adorned her exquisite face...

Something about it made him freeze in place, and he held his breath.

Leofric took a moment to recover, not forgetting that this lady was mocking him as well. She believed he couldn't stop this reckless roommate of hers.

"Thank you," he retorted aloud, maintaining his lady-like voice as he stared straight at Iria in the eyes. "But I don't need it."

His classmates gave him confused glances.

Iria blinked back in shock.

Leofric merely gave an ingenuine smile back to her.

For now, he didn't have any favourable opinion of his sister's roommate.

. . . . .