- 5 -

Zelene Cyneheard Wymane

It has been two years for Zelene.

Two years since she has been stuck in this hellhole.

Sewing, knitting.

Tea parties.

Dancing.

Etiquette.

...and more tea parties.

There were even optional bedroom lessons.

Being a mother.

Being a wife.

Tea parties again.

How ridiculous!

Zelene really did her best.

She did what her mother and father wanted her to do, and she did what she could like her brother said.

After a year into these pointless lessons, Zelene grew rebellious.

That's when she drove all the teachers in the academy insane. Even the head of the academy was helpless against Zelene.

After all, she is the Princess of the Wymane Family. She is of royal blood as well.

If it's not finding some sort of excuses to escape those lessons, she'll play truant. It was so much to the point she knew the hiding places in the academy better than the facilities provided by the academy.

That's when she found it in her adventures of hiding.

A mana crystal ball.

It was not meant to be in the academy. Moreover, it was hidden inside one of the old storage rooms in the old dormitory.

She was lucky that the window was left open, allowing her easy access into that particular old storage room.

The crystal ball was blending in with the other tools on the wooden cupboard. Zelene only managed to spot it because it was an item she had been keeping her eye out for a long time.

A mana crystal ball wasn't a common item.

It allowed one to test their affinity with magic, which her family never allowed her to do.

They were adamant even when young Zelene whined about missing out on the magic affinity test. It didn't matter if she was of age, they didn't let her near it.

That was the first time her family did not give in to her pleas.

Zelene didn't have a clue why a mana crystal ball would be in the academy, but she didn't want to miss the chance.

Without hesitation, she reached for the crystal ball and placed her hand on it.

"...!"

It's glowing!

Zelene was on the verge of squealing, using her other hand to cover her mouth.

I can use magic too!

Like brother!

She was going to send a letter to him.

She had always admired her brother while he trained. The way he used the sword, and the way he imbued magic into his training.

It looked fun.

Way more fun than attending tea parties.

This time, she would annoy him until he would finally teach her, both about magic and the sword.