Chapter 3:Second Chance

When I came home I looked a house down from mine and saw a women with long brown hair in a high ponytail. She was wearing white shorts and a black T-shirt. She was tan and she looked fit. The woman was struggling with some boxes.

I pursed my lips and walked over to her.

"Need help?" I asked

She looked up in surprise and smiled.

"Oh why thank you." She said while I grabbed the box on top.

"You're welcome."

I followed her into her house and sat the box down.

"What's your name?" She asked kindly.

"My name's Olivia Spring. I just live a house down from you."

Her smiled widen.

She held her hand out for me to shake.

"My names Rosily. Nice to meet you." She said shaking my hand.

"Would you like to stay for dinner? It's the least I could do."

I shook my head.

"No, it's okay. Thank you though."

She nodded and turned her head to the front door that was opening.

Ian Stone walked in and stopped in his tracks when he saw me.

"Oh. Uh hi." He said slowly.

I gave him a small smile and turned back to his mom.

"I'll see you later. It was lovely meeting you."

"Yeah, you too."

I walked around Ian and out the front door.

I heard footsteps following me and I turned around facing Ian. He almost bumped into me, but recovered himself before it happened.

"Olivia don't say anything. Let me talk, then you can say something." He said looking intently at me, making my stomach feel weird.

"Okay, back then I was a completely different person. I've changed for the better and I would never hurt you. I just wanted to apologize. I know this doesn't mean much, but when I hit you with my backpack I didn't know I did it. When I turned around and saw you on the ground I thought you just fell. That's why I was laughing. It was still mean and I deserve a slap in the face."

I looked at him blankly.

It takes more than an apology.

"Yeah, you do."

He stared at me for a second, then he opened his arms wide.

"Okay. Slap me."

"What?! I'm not going to slap you."

"Come on. Slap me." He said again.

"No. I don't stoop that low." I said.

He put his arms done and stared at me.

"You won't slap me even though I called you hateful names, laughed at you, and gave you a black eye?"

I curled my fist ready to punch him in the face. I took a deep breath and uncurled my fists.

"Nope."

"Really? Because just a second there I thought you were going to punch me."

"Believe me I thought about it."

He shoved his hands in his jean pockets and looked down. "Will you give me a chance to make it up to you?" He asked looking up at me with hope in his eyes.

I sighed. "Well, you really hurt me Ian.." I trailed.

He looked down, his shoulders hunched, and nodded.

"But I guess if you really want to make it up..I wouldn't stop you." I said.

He snapped his head up at me and a wide smile spread on his face.

That smile did something weird to me. My stomach started to get a fluttering feeling.

I smiled back at him.

"Want to go to a party with me?" He asked.

I almost choked on my spit.

"What?! I can't go to a party. Everyone will make fun of me and my weekends are the only days when I don't get bullied."

"Well not with people in our school obviously."

"Well, still no because people at other schools bully me too."

He gave me a puzzled look.

"How?"

I shrugged. "Well, people from other schools heard about the amazing Ian Stone bullying me so, they started to." His shoulders slumped.

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's okay I'm used to it."

"Yeah, but you shouldn't be used to it."

"Oh well."

"Hey! Let's go to a college party." He said like he had the most brilliant idea ever.

"I don't know.."

"Please. Pretty please." He said with a pout lip.

I laughed and nodded.

"Fine."

"Yay!" He said fist bumping the air.

He grabbed my hand and ushered me into his house. I ignored the tingling feeling I got when he grabbed my hand and followed after him.

"Mom!" He shouted.

Rosily came out from a bedroom and stared at us.

"Yeah?"

"Olivia and I are going to go to a party tomorrow. Will you take her shopping for an outfit?"

"Ian I can't let your mo-"

"Sure! I finally get to go shopping for someone. I've always wanted a girl! Sorry Ian." She said smiling wide.

"Yeah, you sure seem sorry." He said sarcastically. Ian pushed me to Rosily. She grabbed her car keys and my hand. I gave Ian a scared look while I was out the door. Before the door closed I heard Ian laughing.

Uh oh.