Chapter 15:Ian's reason

I cried myself to sleep around midnight. I was in the comfort of the warm blankets when I heard my door opening. I kept my eyes closed I'm too tired too care. I felt my bed dip and the blankets move.
Am I dreaming?
An arm came around my waist and I was pulled into a muscular chest. I felt pressure on my temple. 

"Im sorry. I shouldn't have gotten angry at you. It's just I moved here because of my dad. I'll tell you when you wake up, I promise. I love you Olivia." A masculine voice said.
I wanted to open my eyes because I knew it was Ian, but crying and then sleeping keeps your eyes shut. Plus, I'm pretty sure that I don't look good right now and my voice is probably to hoarse. After a while my brain shut down and I fell into deep sleep. 

~*~
Waking up sucked. My head is pounding, my eyes are like glued shut, and my nose is stuffed. Not to mention morning breath, my messy hair, and that Ian is in my bed right now. I thought he hated me, but then I recalled what happened when he came into my room. Taking a deep breath I removed his arm and got out of bed quickly. I grabbed some clothes and headed off to take a shower. 

After I finished cleaning up and dressing, I headed downstairs.
I admit I'm pretty upset at Ian. How dare he get angry at me where I cried all day long, then he climbs into my bed. Psh, I'm not that easy to walk over. I know he had a reason and he has a short temper, but is it right that he can just be forgiven just like that?
I sighed and walked into the kitchen.

"Oh hey honey." Rosily greeted happily.
"Hey." I said, my voice sounded like I smoke 4 packs a day.
Rosily winced and then shot me an apologetic look.
I shook my head. I grabbed a glass of water and was about to take a drink when Ian came down.
Ian watched me, assessing my reaction.
I just gave him a blank look and took a drink of my water. The cool liquid definitely felt good with my sore throat. 

"Hey son what do you want for breakfast?"
"Um anythings fine." Rosily nodded and started breakfast.
I would leave, but Ian's blocking the path and if I walk past him I'm sure he'll stop me. So, I just stayed, leaning against the counter drinking my water.
The awkward silence was suffocating.
I cleared my throat and both if their attention snapped to me.
"Uh schools tomorrow so, I was thinking that I should head over to my house and get my school stuff after my mother leaves for work." I said my voice still hoarse.
Ian had a look of regret and guilt when he heard me speak.
It's his faultDumb ass. 

Rosily nodded, "Okay sounds good. Now will you guys please talk. This tension is going to kill me."
"Sure." I said to Rosily. May as well get it over with. I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. I sat down on the recliner. Ian face flashed with a hurt look but sat on the 3 seater.
I stared blankly at Ian waiting.
He cleared his throat and sat on the edge. 

"Um my dad used to gamble. He would gamble anything and everything. My mom and I didn't know about his problem until, most of our things went missing. First, it was my moms' pure silverware. Then, it was my collection of old baseball cards. We finally started catching his pattern and we talked to my dad about it. He got mad and he drank most of our alcohol. He hit my mom when he got drunk so, I hit him and kicked him out and told him not to come back until he was sober." 

Ian took a deep breath and stared at the ground. 
"He came back the next morning with more bruises probably, from people he owed money to. After, a few days past we thought the gambling had stopped. Until, one night three men came to our house. They demanded money that my father owed. My dad said he didn't have it. The guys got pissed and shot my dad right in front of us. I loved my dad despite everything." Ian chocked back a sob. "They aimed a gun at my mom and that was when I cracked. I punched one of the guys and grabbed his gun. I shot the the guy who was by the door, who didn't have a gun, in the leg. Then, the man aimed the gun at me. He told me that my no good for nothing father owes him 20,000 dollars. He told me I better get the money or my mom will die. So, I told him I did have it. The guy stared at me and told to go get it and that he is coming with.
"The man I punched, hit me and took the gun back. I drove them to the bank and grabbed my college fund and gave it to them. They smiled and left. My mom and I were heart broken so, we decided to move back into my old town. I told my mom that I'm glad were moving back because I needed to do something." Ian said looking at me. 

I took a deep breath.
This is a lot to process.
That is a really sad story. I feel even more terrible for bringing it up yesterday. I didn't mean to.
"I'm sorry for bring it up yesterday. I really do feel absolutely terrible. Your dad didn't deserve that, but your dad also should have thought of you and your mom."
Ian looked down at the ground. 

"Yeah, your right and you don't need to apologize, you didn't know."
"So, uh what did you need to do?"
Ian smiled, "Well, there was this girl. I was so, mean to her because I wanted her to pay attention to me. When I got older I realized that was so, not the way to get a girl. So, I wanted to redeem myself and get her to be my girl."
I smirked, "Oh yeah, how did that go?" Ians smile widened. "How 'bout you ask her. I mean she is my girlfriend." 

I smiled and walked over to him. He grabbed my hands and pulled me down to his lap.
He leaned down and I met him halfway. Our lips connected for a few seconds until...
"Awwwww, I always love happy endings."
We broke apart and stared at Rosily who was grinning happily.
Ian and I looked at each other then brushed out laughing.
Today is going to be good.