Chapter 16:Life's turning around

My mom left today. Today I go back home. I could say that I'm happy, that I have a wide smile on my face because my mom is gone. Out of my life. But right now I'm sitting on Ian's couch thinking. How things have come to this.

 Am I happy my mom is out of the house? Hell yes! Am I sad that she won't be in my life? Actually I'm not. What I'm sad about is that, she of all people should have let me be me, but really she was my worst bully of all. She would make me feel self conscious, depressed, and unloved. It wasn't too bad until, I became happy then, she made it her mission for me to be unhappy again, but all is good now.

 I'm taking away those thoughts and filling them up with Ian. Everyday when we see each other, he would give me a kiss then, tell me he loves me. I'm truly happy. I love him and I plan on spending my life with him. We have talked about college. Unfortunately, Ian doesn't have the money for it and he doesn't have the GPA for a scholarship. So, he told me he would follow me to college and we can get an apartment near campus. I'm all for it, but my dad...well, he's another story. He said that he doesn't want to go hunt Ian down and shoot him for getting me pregnant before marriage. I assured him that for me to get pregnant you have to have intercourse. Okay, I didn't say those words exactly, but I knew he understood by his red blushed face and wide eyes. Sure, Ian and I have gotten extremely close to doing it. But Ian knows not to go any further until, I'm ready.

"Ready to go home?" Rosily asked.
"Yeah, where's Ian?"
"Oh, he should be around here  somewhere." She said looking around. "Oh, there he is." I turned me head and saw Ian by the door holding flowers in his hands.

"I know you live like a house down from mine, but I'm going to miss it when you sneak in my room at night."
"What!?" Rosily asked.
"And I'll miss it when you steal my shirts to wear and when you interrupt me by telling me you love me. I'll miss you and these are for you." He said handing me the flowers.
"Ian I love you, but I'm literally a house away."
Ian sighed, shaking his head.
"Oh, Olivia. You obviously don't know how much I love you. I guess I'll just have to show you." He said with a shrug.
"Oh yeah? How are you going to do that?" I question with my eyebrows raised.
"Patients my lover-"
"Don't say lover." I interrupted.
"It will come in due time." He continued like I hadn't said anything.
"Okay, until then show your love by carrying my bags to my house." I said with a sly smile.
Ian squinted his eyes at me.
"Oh, you are good."
"Thanks babe." I said with a wink. 

Ian got my pervy comment and smirked and sent a wink back.
After unpacking my things in my room, dad and I had dinner.

 Graduation is coming up in a few weeks. Wow, it so doesn't seem like it has been that long. Ian started the school year towards the end, but it feels like he's been here all year long. I haven't been getting bullied at school anymore because he's always with me. Candy started to wear less make-up, but lower neck shirts to show her girls. Anyway, she has a boyfriend. Some football jock that she's been crushing on since sophomore year. I'm glad I'm a nerd though (speaking of school) I have a high enough GPA that I got a scholarship. That's right, I'm going to Yale. Everyone was excited when I told them and much to my dad's dismay Ian found an apartment near the campus. Life sure is turning around for me.

~*~
Weeks have gone by and graduation is today! Oh my gosh. Ian has been like a love sick puppy. I asked why he's been lovey dovey more than usual. He said that he is showing the love. I laughed at him when he said that until he continued by saying, "I will keep doing this lovey dovey stuff until you are sick if it." Sad thing is I'll never get sick of it. He has been taking me on dates twice a week and my dad slammed the door in his face one time. 

Flashback: Ian dropped me off at the house gave me a kiss and said good night. When, I walked in I had a huge smile on my face. Dad saw and rolled his eyes. I climbed upstairs, about to open my bedroom door when there was a knock at the front door. I walked back downstairs and just in time seeing my dad open the door. Ian stood there, hands shoved in jean pockets and the boyish grin he always had after one of our dates.
"Ian what are you doing here?" My dad asked irritated.
"Sorry sir, but I forgot to tell Olivia that I loved her."
"Okay, Ian talk to me. I like you, your a great kid, but why are you doing this stuff?"
"Well, sir, I'm trying to show and tell Olivia how much I love her until she gets sick of it and then some." Ian side with a grin