CHAPTER v.

Promise?

"SO right by Mirkwood right?" Mike Wheeler's voice peeped after listening to Y/N's remark of details about what she heard at the Hawkins Police Department a few hours ago. It was around 7 pm, right around to where the girl was getting ready prone to the search party being held with a few of the residents of the town.

Y/N hummed a positive response to clearing out his doubts just in case he was confused by any means, this wasn't going to help Mike, it was going to help Will get a faster chance to be retrieved to his home again.

Although Hopper disapproved the request of letting young people in the search, Y/N and Victor were eventually allowed to come along, "Yeah, but remember you have to be somewhat far from the real search group okay? We don't want you to get caught."

"Mike! What are you doing?" Nancy's faint voice was caught on the other line of the phone, leading Mike to leave the phone out, Y/N overhearing them argue over the dumbest things.

Prior to the noises of Mike pushing Nancy out of the basement she guessed, the boy came back on the line, sighing loudly, "Sorry about that, Nancy gets so annoying, I still don't know why you still hang out with her."

"She could be a priss sometimes," She responds, breathily giggling, clenching the ceramic telephone tighter, "But she's still my friend if you could say."

Continuing with their conversation based on the plan, it was perfectly assembled, safe with a high possibility of finding Will, even if it had been a day. Will couldn't have gone far anyways. Y/N was about to speak, but was suddenly caught off guard as soon as she heard her dad in the hallway, getting prepared for the search.

"Oh shit! I have to go now," Y/N hushed in a subtle tone, trying her best to keep away Hopper from listening to their discussion, "Remember to be home by 9 at least with flashlights. Stay safe Mike."

The line went awfully silent, placing back the phone to its regular position on the handset, while it being attached to the wall. Rapidly, spinning to look at her father, trying to act as normal as possible, his brows furrowed at her.

"What were you doing?"

Shrugging it off calmly, Y/N breathily giggles while she put her hands on her hips saying, "I was just checking in with Victor, that's all."

Hopper's eyes widened at her point, clicking his tongue as he started grabbing on his sweater for the frosty night ahead, "Funny, but I just called his mom to let him know that he was coming."

"Right.." Y/N casually crossed her arms, cursing under her breath before she showed any subtle reaction to what she was up to. Play it cool.

In the silence of her looking around the messy home by the front door, Hopper sharply whistles while slinging the car keys in the air to catch them, making Y/N follow right behind me, pretending as if the few minutes didn't occur. Feeling the breeze of the autumn air, both the relatives made their way to the vehicle, on their way to the small yet important search for this boy, Will Byers.

As the road got narrower and narrower, the car drove deeper into the dark woods, where Y/N could see the slender trees and branches surrounding them. The starry sky lit up the place with a soft tone of dim blues and grays painted across it on the chilly night. Watching out the window, Y/N squinted her eyes to see a figure from afar waving towards the vehicle, a familiar figure to be Victor. Hopper drove nearer, the headlights being able to guide him to the stop where a small crowd of people were surrounding along with the patrols.