CHAPTER x.

Party Failures

HER fingertips tapped on her jean covered thighs, her legs bounced up and down nervously. She knew Hopper never let her out to parties, especially with people like Steve Harrington and his jerk friends. What was her father even doing? What was so important that he had to leave her alone on a night of sorrow and emptiness? Y/N needed him in a way, there was so much she was facing at the moment,

The moonlight gleamed on the three girls' faces who were residing in the car that belonged to Barb. They past streetlights after streetlights, into the dimly lit road, Y/N counted the electrical poles in boredom, the radio subtly playing to avoid an awkward silence.

As the car drove deeper into the street, Nancy ordered, "Barbara, pull over."

"What?" She asked in clarification, turning over to her.

"Pull over!" Nancy repeated in such demand, Y/N moved her glance to pay attention to both girls that sat in front of her. She wished she were back at Mike's, bonding with the interesting girl they found and discuss about Will's situation.

The car slowly came to rest while it parked next to the sidewalk, Barb moved the gearstick a half, and questioned, "What are we doing here?"

"Yeah, his house is three blocks away right?" Y/N agreed with Barb as she unbuckled her seatbelt and placed herself between the gap of both girls.

Nancy turns to Y/N and Barb in irritation, explaining, "We can't park in the driveway."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, the neighbors might see," Nancy suggested in caution, she for sure didn't want to get caught near the Harrington's residence.

Y/N scoffed and sat back, slouching on the seat, "And I thought I was the one who followed all the rules!"

"This is so stupid," Barb shakes her head, observing Nancy rubbing a tube of nude lipstick on her pink lips, "I'm just going to drop you off."

"Calm down, Barb," Nancy softly shoved Barb away from the gearstick, preventing her from getting the car starting to go home, "Come on, you promise that you'd go, you're coming. And Y/N can't go home either since we're supposed to be together."

Y/N groans, putting her hands on her head, elbows placed on the knees, "I hate this."

"We're gonna have a great time," Nancy enthusiastically speaks, smiling at both of girls. Y/N wondered on why she ever spoke up for Nancy in the beginning.

Barb sighs and acknowledges, "He just wants to get in your pants."

"No he doesn't," Nancy nervously chuckles, fixing her top in the compact mirror in the car.

"Nance, seriously," Barb lectures, her eyebrows raising, "He invited you to his house."

"And his parents aren't home!" Y/N chimes in, crossing her arms and shaking her head, "It's obvious."

"Come on, you are not this stupid!"

"Tommy H. and Carol are gonna be there," Nancy defends, Y/N and Barb look at each other skeptically.

"Tommy and Carol have been having sex since like seventh grade," Barb shoots back, Y/N nodding as well. It was a very well known rumor the two teens were caught doing it.

"It's probably gonna be an orgy," Y/N taunts, imitating a gag with her finger hovering around her mouth and making a sound.

"Gross," Nancy blandly says, locating the hem of her shirt draped over her thin body.