F I V E

*WARNING: Brief mention of Violence, Blood, & Gore. Please be advised. 

ZEPHYR 

O N E~ M O N T H~ L A T E R 

"I've told you everything I know!" the pathetic excuse for human sobbed in my face "Please! I have nothing more to tell you!" 

I peered at him, gauging the insincerity of the lies he was spewing. 

"You see Gary" I took out my knife, the rough hell stone blade caressing his cheek and drawing a thin line of blood "I would be incline to believe you if I didn't know, for fact, that you met with him two days ago. In the little secret safe house you didn't think I knew about underneath that old age home." 

"He said it was urgent!" He sobbed harder, his face turning a nasty shade of purple "But when I got there I only found a note saying he no longer required my services!" 

"And do you know why he no longer required your services Gary?" I asked, drawing the blade across his throat now, applying more pressure than I did with his cheek. 

"No" he choked out, trying to squirm away from the blade as far as he could. 

"It's because he knew I was onto you" I said, taking a step back and giving him a small sense of security "And when I set my sights on someone, I don't stop until I get what I want." 

"But I've told you all that I know!" he pleaded "I've told you everything, every last detail, location, and the content of not only our last meeting but every other meeting in-between!" 

"Not willingly" I shook my head and tsked in mock disappointment "It was only after I had to prompted you with my friends that you started talking." 

I nodded towards my tools and he whimpered as his eyes glanced at the wire cables and electric hand saw. 

"But now you know everything so...no harm no foul?"

I let out a laugh "You think you've deserved your freedom? Just because I took nine fingers?" 

He nodded pensively. 

"And do you know what I'm thinking?" I asked, leaning against my work table. 

He gave a small shake of his head. 

"Come on" I cooed "Take a wild guess." 

"You're thinking..." he swallowed sharply "You're thinking that I was a valuable asset and worthy of your mercy?" 

I stared at him for a moment before bursting out in a hearty laugh.