T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Alessia 

The Wolf's large head bent closer to mine, a loud growl forming low in his throat.

A warning for me to not move, and if I did, he wouldn't hesitate to kill me. 

I closed my eyes for the inevitable, knowing that at any minute he would end my life. 

Because that's what I would have done if given the chance...no questions asked. 

The Wolf growled again as my eyes clenched even further, gripping the soft dirt underneath me as he slightly shifted his massive body and pushed more of his weight on top of me. 

When I felt his large head descend closer to my throat, I released a sigh of resignation. 

That sigh of resignation turned into a startled gasp as this strange wolf ran his tongue up the side of my neck and down towards the spot where he bit me, lapping my blood up like it was honey. 

My Wolf, who was oddly quiet during this whole encounter, surged forward before I could stop her. 

With a strength I didn't know we possessed, we pushed the wolf off and over us until we were straddling him with a hand at his throat, his own wolf not putting up much of a fight to get out from underneath us. 

"SHIFT" my Wolf and I commanded with a growl "NOW." 

As the Wolf started to shift, a much longer shift than I've ever experienced from another shifter, his features started to become more prominent and humanly. 

His limbs shrunk first, followed by the ascending of his claws, and flattening of his features. 

I gasped in equal parts shock and horror as a familiar face started to form right before my very eyes. 

By the time that the last of his fur disappeared, and his hair turned from a Scarlett red to pearlescent silver, my heart was stuttering dangerously in my chest. 

"I told you that I'd always find you μικρός λύκος." 

"Holy...shit" I breathed, those silver eyes of his just locking with my own, staring into my soul "You're a...You're a..." 

"I'm not a Wolf shifter" he murmured lowly, those stormy eyes locking with mine "If thats' what you were wondering." 

"Than what are you?" I gaped down at him. 

Before I could blink, he switched positions again, so that I was now lying underneath his body as he straddled mine and cage me in to the ground. 

His...naked...body. 

I willed my eyes to stay on his and not stray, not matter how hard my brain was trying to persuade me to look.