Chapter 1: All That Remains (S2)

꧁༺SEASON TWO༻꧂

SEASON TWO

Your limbs ached as your body screamed for rest. You were insanely fatigued, hungry, and dirty.

It's been a few years since the start of the outbreak, you've had terrible memories... More specifically, the same memory that's been haunting you since you were nine years old.

"Y/N..."

The past is the past. You can't change it, no matter what.

Besides, what could a now, barely eleven-year-old child do about it?

"Y/N...!"

Y/N: "Huh-?!" You quickly respond, being pulled from your trance.

Christa: "Aww... It's happening again, isn't it?"

You slowly nod.

Then, you feel a small yet warm hand comfortably grip your shoulder blade.

You slightly turn your head to see Clementine.

Clementine: "Y/N, it's okay, it wasn't your fault."

You simply look to the ground, knowing that's not true.

Omid: "Guys... Don't you think Y/N is tired of hearing the same thing? I mean, we all know-"

Christa: "Be quiet."

Now, there's an awkward silence among you four.

Christa: "Anyways Y/N, I was just going to ask if we should name the baby Omid. I don't think we should." Christa explains as she rubs her pregnant stomach.

Y/N: "I think Omid is a good name."

Clementine: "What if it's a girl?"

Omid: "Then we call her Christa."

Christa: "But I'm Christa. I don't want to call her Christa. That's just confusing."

Omid: "So name her Genevieve, I don't care!

Christa: "How can you not care?!"

You and Clementine look at each other and then chuckle.

The four of you eventually stumble upon a gas station that reads, "Gil's Pitstop."

Christa: "Ugh, finally!" Christa scurries off to a bathroom inside the pitstop.

Omid: "Why don't you two uh... Get cleaned up in the girl's room."

You raise an eyebrow. "But... It's the girls' bathroom."

Omid deadpans at you. "Y/N, with the state the world is in right now, I doubt any liberals will care. Just go keep an eye on her, Christa and I will be right next door."

Clementine grabs your arm and brings you to the bathroom. "I hope the sink works." She states as she quite literally drags you the whole way.

After the two of you search the whole bathroom to make sure it was empty, you and Clementine inspect yourselves in a mirror as you both notice that your faces are smudged with all kinds of dirt.