Chapter 3: Not. A. Bite.

Your eyes slowly flutter open, your clothes sticking to your skin from nothing but moisture.

Your sights focus on the bright sunlight hitting your area, as you lay on a sandy surface.

Y/N: "Ngh... W-Wha... What...?" Your eyes burst open, adrenaline hitting your limbs as you fully gain consciousness.

"Clementine!" You call out, as the rememberings from earlier infiltrate your mind.

You stand, and your eyes instantly dart around the riverbank you were washed upon in the search of Clementine.

Your E/C eyes land on a small figure sporting a purple shirt that was washed up on the shore of the riverbank.

Y/N: "Clem!" You rush to Clementines's aid, as you kneel to turn her onto her back.

She was soaked, just as much as you.

You lightly tap her face in an attempt to assist her in regaining consciousness.

Y/N: "Clem! C'mon Clem, wake up!"

Clementine moves, and instantly jolts up, as she coughs up lots of water.

Y/N: "Oh Clem, thank god!" You hug her.

Clementine pats your back. "I-I'm... I'm okay."

You slowly help her to her feet, as you watch her clutch her left side.

Clementine: "...We need to find Christa."

Y/N: "I agree."

The two of you pan the area and spot a broken canoe that was stuck on some rocks in the river.

Clementine: "Y/N, look."

You turn to Clementine and see her trying to jump and grab the top of what looked like some broken steps.

Y/N: "Hold on, I got this."

You strut over to the ledge and jump and grab it with ease.

You pull yourself up and immediately turn back to the ledge to stick a hand out for Clementine.

Clementine leaps and grabs onto your dominant hand, resulting in you pulling her up.

Clementine: "Thanks."

Y/N: "Anytime."

The two of you spot a small trail ahead, and not too long after, your eyes land on a fallen walker with a sign impaled in its head.

Y/N: "Jeez... I hope we find Christa."

Clementine: "Hey Y/N..."

You turn in Clementine's direction to see her standing in front of a fallen tree and next to some bushes.

From your distance, you could see a small figure lurking in the bushes.

Clementine: "Y/N...!"

You hastily make your way to Clementine and discover a dog sizing her up while growing.

Clementine: "Shh... It's okay boy, it's okay..." Clementine managed to calm the dog down, as she leans forward to pet it.

Y/N: "Clem, maybe you shouldn't..."

Clementine doesn't listen to you, as the dog lets her pet him. She looks back at you with a smile.

Clementine: "See? He's friendly!"

Clementine leans closer to the dog and inspects its collar. "And his name is Sam. Nice to meet you, Sam!"

Sam walks a short distance away and sniffs the ground.