Calling the Bluff!

"What are you gonna do? You don't have any free hands," you snipe. "Just admit that I still have a way to win and don't force me to use my spit barriers to destroy you and make my undeniable victory official."

He brings his face so close to yours, you are sharing breaths and he stares down at you intrusively. "You're right," he states coldly. "Both of my hands are taken. So, the only thing I have left to use is my mouth."

Your eyes widen and you can't tell if he is serious or not. Should you call his bluff? Bakugo hates you, so there's no way he would stop you with the equivalent of kissing you, right? Since this is a fight, so it wouldn't really be a real kiss. To win, will he really go that far to secure his victory?

You decide to test it and form another barrier with your lips. Even if he does stop you with a kiss, it won't be faster enough to keep you from launching the barrier in his face. You launch the barrier from your mouth and it's right on target to hit Bakugo's face. But... he dodges. The stupid dude has lightning quick reflexes and after the purple orb wizzes millimeters past his face, his lips and eyes are suddenly less than an inch from yours and you freeze.

"You didn't believe what I said? Do that again and I'll make you regret it," Bakugo growls. What the hell does that mean? "Now, admit defeat so we can call this mock battle over," he glares, superiorly.

You open your mouth to speak, but then change your mind and screw your features into a scowl before head butting him.

"Ah! SON OF A B-" Bakugo tries to cover the blood rushing from his nose with a hand, but he can't of course because of the barrier in the way. With Bakugo successfully distracted, you buck him off with no problem and move to sit up. You stay in front of Bakugo cross legged and stare him down through the blood gushing out of his nose.

"Don't tell me what to do," you say to him coldly, "And don't threaten me again. The bloody look doesn't suit you and I wouldn't have to want to head but you again." You lean over and reach out with both hands to touch the barriers trapping him so they vanish. "This fight is over," you intone and stand as you watch Bakugo's hand fly up to pinch the top of his nose to stop the bleeding.

You rip off a piece of lose fabric from the length of your sleeve and approach Bakugo as he stands. "Here," you say harshly and press the fabric against his bleeding nose harder than necessary, "Let's call this a tie." You reach up to just tear off the rest of your sleeve and use it to wrap up your shoulder. Bakugo eyes the burn as you cover it in the makeshift bandage.

"Come on," you say and don't look back to see if he follows you, "We should go see recovery girl."

You know Bakugo is right behind you, when Aizawa approaches and calls out, "Where do you two think you're going?"

It's clear where we are going when he sees the condition we are in and Aizawa waves us on.

You trudge into the clinic and explain what happened to Recovery Girl as she heals both you and Bakugo, telling you both to rest on the cots after.

"You didn't have to be so intense like that," you mutter to Bakugo after Recovery Girl finishes treating you both and takes her leave.

"Shut up," Bakugo gripes back from his own cot, "Because of you I'm stuck here for the next hour while my bone resets."

"I could say the same about you because you burned me." Recovery Girl insisted you stay here and rest for a while to gain some of the energy your body used from healing. But, you will still get to leave the clinic before Bakugo.

"Now be quiet, Recovery Girl said I should get sleep."

"Tch," is the only response you get from Bakugo and you lay down against the soft pillow and shut your eyes. Sometime during your nap, your turn on your side and when you open your eyes to wake up from the cat nap, red eyes are staring at you in- not a glare... You don't know how to name the expression that is there in his eyes before hardness replaces it when Bakugo registers you are awake. Bakugo shifts and turns onto his back and you sit up. You're not sure how long he was looking at you, but you're unsure if you should find it creepy or not. Or if you should be wary that he could have been planning to do something unpleasant while you were asleep.

Nah, Bakugo is too straight forward to do something shady like that. You swing your legs over the side of the cot and glance down at Bakugo as you stand up. His nose looks a lot better. "Well, see you back in class."

"Yeah, whatever loser," Bakugo mutters grouchily and closes his eyes to ignore you.

You just shrug and head back to class.

Class is still in session when you go back to the classroom after changing back into your school uniform. "Are you okay?" Uraraka leans forward over her desk and whispers.

"Yeah," you say back and give her a smile, "I'm fine. Recovery Girl healed my burn and all my scrapes so I just needed a short rest."

"That's good," Uraraka says relieved.

"Sorry, to worry you," you respond before turning your attention back to the class.