Round Two- 53

You walk into the training room, where Four waits, arms crossed. Does he ever sleep? You wonder. He's always here, or eating. You have a hard time picturing him anywhere else.

The matchups are written on the chalkboard. Tris vs. Peter.

Is it bad that you feel relieved that it's not you?

Christina limps in, crumpling a muffin wrapper in her hand. "They're going to make you fight him?" she says in disbelief.

Molly fights Edward. He wins, of course, using a graceful martial art he must have learned in Erudite. Will beats Christina. 

Then it's Tris's turn.

"Good luck," you whisper to her, and she nods to you, eyes glued to the arena. Peter does a few warm-up jumps, enormous arm muscles standing out against his tall frame. Tris is tiny. Tris doesn't stand a chance. This is another match you can't watch. You grimace and look away.

"You okay there, Stiff?" he taunts. "You look like you're about to cry. I might go easy on you if you cry."

You jolt, whipping around. That's the same deal he made you. So it's just an intimidation tactic, which means he doesn't think he can beat you...

A hard grin drifts to your face, but you quash it down and save it for when it's your turn to fight him. If he's scared, then it'll be that much easier.

"Come on, Stiff," Peter says, waving an arm. "Just one little tear. Maybe some begging-"

Tris snaps a kick, but he grabs her leg, slamming her into the ground.

Eric leans forward like he tastes blood. "I don't have all day," he spits. Peter's face grows serious, and he punches Tris in the face.

"Your technique is sloppy," you shout to him, and he's momentarily distracted. Eric looks surprised, then nods to you.

Tris punches him in the throat, but her punch is weak, sloppy, and Peter kicks her in the face, punches her in the nose, blood leaking everywhere, and you have to look away again.

"That's right, hide your face, Amity," Peter snarls to you from the arena, and you hear a BAM and a CRACK as he beats Tris-

"That's enough!" Four shouts, striding into the arena. "That's enough!" 

He shoves Peter away, dragging Tris's limp body over the ground. Peter looks after him, upset.

Upset? Almost as soon as you see it, it disappears. He wipes the blood off his face with an arm and walks back to his group. 

You're matched with Myra. You step into the arena, trying your best to avoid the puddles of blood already on the floor.

She's small, but fast, and she knocks you off your feet as soon as Four calls the match. She's sitting on you, but hesitating- what do you do?

If you try to sweep her leg and pin her down, go to 54.

If you try to surge upward and trust in your better strength, go to 55.