Prologue: Divided Forces

December 22.

The Constantinople left hyperspace in the orbit of Lothal, with the rest of the rebel fleet. Or what was left of it after the attack on Scarif. That Star Destroyer coming out of nowhere had not only disabled the Profundity to a point of non-recovery, but it had also split in two a Nebulon-B and annihilated a Dornean frigate, not to mention a Gallofree transport had crashed against the ISD when it came out of hyperspace in front of it.

At the very least, before jumping away, the Constantinople had detected the Tantive IV leaving the Profundity, so at least the plans were safe.

Jordan, though, had no idea what happened to his kids.

Did they get away with the ship? Did they try to get the plans on the wreckage of the Profundity and died there?

The simple thought was unbearable to him, and unbelievable. No! Ezra and Jaral were smart and strong enough to get out of there with their lives and with the plans.

But since the corvette was heading toward Tatooine and was hunted by possibly the entire Imperial Navy, the ship would have to keep radio silence. Even if Jinx encrypted it, there was still the risk that the transmission would be intercepted.

The kids still had 4 of the 6 processors of the AI, but since they were on the other side of the galaxy, Jinx couldn't tell what they were doing.

Technically, after that amount of time, they should have been able to reach Tatooine, already, but then again, caution might have forced them to make more jumps to try to make lose their tracks.

"Captain." First Officer Raniza called him from her post on the CIC. "The flight control on Lothal has granted us permission to land at the Capital."

"Copy that." Jordan replied. "Prepare Captain Andor and Jyn Erso for a transfer at the hospital, I'll accompany them myself."

"Yes, sir." the Asari dutifully replied and turned to look at her terminal, before remembering to say something. "And, Captain? I'm sure Ezra and Jaral are fine."

Jordan nodded. "Thank you, Raniza." he said.

Giving another look at the sensors, he noticed that the Ghost and the Silver Bullet were flying around the Constantinople to hail them and Jordan asked Salazar to open a channel in his cabin. The Legionnaire took the lift and entered his lodgings, then headed to the terminal and the video feed of the crews of the two fighters appeared.

"Jordan, any news?" Hera asked worried, which wasn't good, considering that she was to be soon transferred in the maternity of the hospital as soon as they touched down

"Nothing." the man replied. "But they can take care of themselves, I won't lose hope."

The rest of the group seemed to agree with the statement, though they couldn't help but be worried, especially Sabine and Darvos.