Chapter 3: A journey begins

The group had just left old Kenobi's hut when they stumbled upon a destroyed sandcrawler and its crew of Jawas completely massacred.

They stopped to inspect it. The big vehicle had been hit with a mix of heavy weapons and simple blaster rifles, and highly powerful, even.

 The big vehicle had been hit with a mix of heavy weapons and simple blaster rifles, and highly powerful, even

"It must've been the Sandpeople." Luke commented. "There's gaffi sticks, Bantha tracks." and planted one of said sticks in the terrain after inspecting it. "I've just never heard of them hitting anything this big before."

Ezra and Jaral were inspecting the sandcrawler and agreeing that it wasn't the Tusken who did that, though Obi-Wan spoke first.

"They didn't. But we're meant to believe they did." he explained. "These tracks are side-by-side. Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers."

"And these burns could not have been caused by their slug-throwers." Ezra added, pointing at the scorched parts at the base of the vehicle.

Jaral then went to analyze the footprints and didn't take long to notice their shape. "There's no doubt. Imperial stormtroopers did all of this."

Luke was confused. "But why would imperial stormtroopers slaughter Jawas?"

Ezra kept looking at the debris lying around, until he found something that triggered a terrible suspect in his mind.

"Look." he exclaimed, prompting the other Humans to get closer.

"These pieces were part of our escape pods. The Jawas must have scavenged it."

Even Luke didn't take long to understand what had happened and realize the truth.

"But if they were following your tracks, then that would lead them...home!" and suddenly dashed toward the speeder.

"Luke, wait! It's too dangerous." Obi-Wan yelled.

Jaral tried to sprint toward him, but Luke was much closer than them to the already powered speeder and he quickly sprinted away with it, heading toward the farm.

"Karabast!" the woman grunted, but Obi-Wan went to put a hand on her shoulder to reassure her.

"Don't worry, he will be back."

Jaral sighed and decided that she could do nothing, at the moment.

However, she and Ezra did have some questions for the old Master. So she turned around and motioned Ezra to join the two of them; she ordered 3PO and R2 to start piling the corpses so they could burn them and then she started the questioning.

"Master Kenobi. I'm sorry if I sound meddling, but Bail Organa had promised us that you would answer our questions about this whole business."

Obi-Wan didn't seem surprised. "Yes, I suppose I owe you an explanation, after all you've gone through. But first, tell me, young Bridgers. What are your impressions?"