Chapter 7: Back Home

Surpassing the siblings' expectations, and proving that Han wasn't lying, the Falcon reached the edge of mandalorian space in less than seven hours.

The freighter was approached by a small naval squad of ships from the Coalition, which could then relay the news that the Bridgers were alive and well. Jaral then also instructed the Coalition to clear the Hydian Way, so the Death Star wouldn't run into allied forces.

After another couple of hours, the Falcon finally entered the Yavin system.

"This is Grand Marshall Jaral Bridger, requesting permission to land at Command. Transmitting codes, now." the woman said, then her omni-tool lightened up and she sent the codes.

A few moments of silence followed as the controller elaborated the request.

"Permission granted. Welcome back, ma'am." the man eventually said.

Thus, the Falcon began descending. The ship flew over the deep forests of the 4th moon until they could all see the main temple in the distance. Following the vector given by the control tower, the Falcon was then directed to the landing zone and finally touched down. The siblings were the first to walk out of the access ramp, with Jaral having already put on her uniform that she was keeping in the omni-tool's storage.

 Waiting for the group to descend was Rhino Squad, the squad of Rangers who used to escort Jaral for the last few months, but who she sent on another mission when the time to attack Scarif came

"Grand Marshall. General. It's good to see you again." Lieutenant Poshur said as they all saluted.

Jaral and Ezra returned the gesture.

"Thanks, Lieutenant. We need to deliver the plans, quickly." the woman said.

"Of course. Take a seat." he invited, indicating a couple of small coaches that were waiting for the group.

The siblings made sure to keep their new apprentices close to them and then the small convoy headed inside the temple, with the Rangers jogging to keep the overall slow pace.

And all around, the Jedi attracted the gazes of everybody.

"Look, it's the Bridgers."

"What? Where?"

"Holy kriff, it's them! We're on a roll, now!"

They tried to hide it, but honestly they were quite flattered to know that everybody put so much hope in them and how much spirits rose the moment they appeared.

As they entered the hangar, despite it being filled with X-Wings and Y-Wings, there was a small group of honor guards deployed on a line to greet both the siblings and Princess Leia. The coaches kept going until they met the last commanding officer left on Yavin: General Dodonna.

 The coaches kept going until they met the last commanding officer left on Yavin: General Dodonna