Chapter 2: Ben

December 23.

The Lars and the young Skywalker proved to be very courteous hosts. Perhaps the only awkwardness was that Luke's eyes seemed to wonder on Jaral from time to time, but the guy was about the siblings' age and, living in that place, he probably didn't have the chance to interact with other women aside from his aunt, and the elder sister Bridger was an attractive woman, so she didn't mind.

Ezra and Jaral could enjoy a quiet night of sleep, waking up by sunrise anyway because their bodies needed less sleep than the average human and were given a robust breakfast.

After that, Luke accompanied the siblings into the garage and they reactivated the droids while Owen had to take care of some of the morning chores of the farm. The youngsters were going to clean the machines.

However, when they reactivated R2, the astromech beeped furiously, clattered with his struts and vehemently protesting that they were wasting time.

"Woah, calm down, buddy, what's up?" Luke asked.

3PO intervened with an apology. "I beg your pardon, Sir Luke. His behavioral routines have never been fixed." then he slapped his counterparts' dome. "Will you shut up? You're giving a bad impression to our Masters' hosts!"

Hoping that the astromech wouldn't spill the beans about their actual mission, Ezra intervened.

"Sorry, Luke, he's just very diligent and would like to return to his owner real quick."

Luke approached the astromech carefully. "I understand, boy, but you wouldn't like all of this sand to ruin your circuits before you get back home, right?"

R2 conceded, though he grumbled a bit.

"Meanwhile, you can use that tank to give 3PO an oil bath." Luke said to the siblings, pointing at the machine, pretty much an elevator that would have the droid descend into the liquid.

"Good, thanks." Jaral said, then turned toward the droid. "Come on 3, hop in."

"Oh, gladly, Lady Bridger. This oil bath is really needed." the protocol droid replied as he quickly stepped onto the platform.

While Ezra started the procedure, Jaral went to reassure R2, whispering to him that they were going to reach Mos Eisley very soon.

The young Skywalker grabbed a pointy tool to scratch the more subtle cavities of the astromech. But before he started, he turned toward the siblings.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure thing." Ezra replied eagerly.

"Are you guys...with the Rebellion?"

The siblings looked at each other cautiously.

"What should we do?" Ezra asked.

"I think...we should be sincere." Jaral replied, finding that feeling of safety within the Force, something that she transmitted down the bond to reassure her brother, as well.