Springtime Dracula & Drunk Confessions ( Part 1 )

[ Trigger Warning later in this, consists of depression type of stuff, no it is not detailed about how he harms himself just saying. I don't do that. ]

I was sitting on my window pane, my legs hanging over the ledge swinging back and forth. It was raining, and extremely foggy. My throat burned, as well as my current craving for something I've been left without for years. I've learned to ignore the pinch and twist in my stomach without the last ingredient consumed. Mirror shades won't hide the secret, they reflect the lies. I should've done it while I had the chance the last few times I was at his house. His heart pounding within his chest, a flush spread across his pale cheeks to the tip of his ears; with me leaning closer to his neck, only quickening his pulse. I refrained from biting down, from sinking my teeth into his skin. I could've and the mirror shades could become transparent so he could see what a fucking monster I was. I hated what I was; everywhere I went they would find out and try to rid of my existence. As if it were a spell being broken, my phone vibrating with a picture of the boy that I had fallen for centuries ago buzzed on my nightstand, I snapped out of my thoughts, swinging my feet back over the ledge and hopping down from my window pane. I picked it up and answered it. "Yo." I said, my voice a bit deeper than usual.
"Hey, Dave." He replied, his voice soft. I smiled. "Hey, Kitten what's up?"
"Well, theres a party I'm being forced to go to.."
"The one at Sollux's?" I asked, "Yeah, that one. I kinda don't want to be there without you, not to sound weird or anything but I don't want some drunk all over me." I smirked, "Awe, but Kitten you know I'd drink some of that spiked punch and be all over you. Is that why you want me to come?" I purred, and with an embarrassed huff he replied, "Dave, you insufferable, conci-"
"Babe, save the dirty talk for later." He growled at the other end of the line, I knew he was as red as a tomato right now. "I'll pick you up in an hour when it starts." And with that he hung up. I smiled, chuckling. I set my phone down. I was technically already dressed, so. I guess the midget needed time to figure out how to look for a party. Wait a minute..
I grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket, and headed out of my room, then out of the house. I quickly made my way over to Karkat's house. I climbed up the pipe near his balcony and hopped on the railing of it. I got into a habit of doing this a while ago. I hopped onto the balcony's flat surface, striding over to his french doors and knocking on one of them.
"SERIOUSLY STRIDER?" Karkat called out, making me laugh. "It's a habit." I smiled as he unlocked his doors and opened one. "Well?.." He stepped aside letting me in. As I walked in I noticed a lot of his clothes on the floor. "Having trouble?" I asked, turning to him while he was closing the door. He blushed, "I don't have much style." I walked over to his closet, going through all the clothes he had. I smiled as I noticed he had the same Misfits shirt I had on underneath my black jacket. I picked it out, along with a pair of red skinny jeans for him. "Here." I handed him the outfit. "Coverse would go well with it, but if you have any Docs that'll look better."
"Didn't know you knew about fashion." He said as he put on the outfit I had picked out. I smiled, "I know just a little bit." He walked into his closet, where I was standing. "I have a pair of Docs in here, but they are out of my reach." He pointed up on a shelf. There were a pair of small, black shiny pair of Doc Martins with white laces. "Those are some sick shoes." I said, reaching up and grabbing them by the laces. I handed them to him and he sat down and put them on. I sat beside him, observing. There was just something about him that always lured me in. Maybe it was his soft side once you get to know him, and when he's alone. I suppose he could never be himself around anyone else in fear that they'd judge him. Like me.
"What are you staring at, Strider?" He said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm not staring, just thinking.." I replied. Something caught my eye, and it wasn't in a good way. I do hope my eyes are tricking me, I really do. I really hope I don't see the mixtures of deep, and thin lines all across his arms. He shifted, I probably made it obvious that I saw. "Please.." He said softly, "Don't stare.." I lifted my head to meet his gaze. His eyes were glazed over, normal people wouldn't take note of it, but when you're as observant as I am then you will definitely know he's about to cry. "Oh my god, Karkat, no." I pulled him onto my lap, he squirmed, but I fought against it and kept him in place. He relaxed, only to have his breathing hitch not even a minute after. He clung to me, as well as I to him. He started to cry, whispering that he was worthless, stupid, and all of these names. "Karkat, shut up for a minute." I said, "You are not at all worthless, nor are you stupid, ugly, fat, or any of that. You are you. Okay? I know who you are, and I love that you are yourself around me. You have friends, you have family. You have a life worth living. There's no need to panic at the opinions everyone else have of you. As long as you have friends, thats all you need. The water is sweet, but blood is thicker. You know what that means? Family is the only thing that you have that you know they won't leave. Yes, they may have their own opinions but that can't remove you out of their lives, they will always care. They are the people you can be yourself around. Hell, if you had a girlfriend, or boyfriend and you could do the stupidest shit around them that you do with family, they are also considered family, but they are the type that can leave. They won't, though. Knowing who you are, and if they love you enough they will stay. I will always be here for you, I am your family. I have no clue why is it you decided to inflict yourself with pain that you think can numb everything, but I know for sure it was one of those.." I said, silence growing around us for a straight five minutes before he spoke.
"And they wonder why I adore you as much as I do.." He said with his head rested on my shoulder, his breath hot on my neck. I rubbed his back, "I honestly don't deserved to be adored, due to the monster that I am.." I said in a hushed tone. "What?"
"Nothing.." I said, and he sat up, still in my lap. "What did you just say?"
"Its nothing, Karkat. Don't worry about it."
"Dave, don't shut me out."
"I'm not shutting you out."
"Yes you are." He argued, and I sighed. "Everything I said, Karkat. I know it's how you feel, but its also how I feel. Mostly the opinions of others."
"Is that why...?"
"Yeah, the shades.." A minute or two passed by before I took the courage to say, "Take them off. I trust you enough, and if you love me you'll stay, even if I'm a monster at a second glance."