Hang Out..?

After Mrs. Kanaya's class, we went to our second period. B214, with Mr. English. I walked beside Dave, now realizing that compared to him, I was fucking short. "Dammit.." I cursed under my breath. We turned the corner of the even hallway by the library, and out class was right here. "Here we are.." I said as we step foot in the class. Mr. English and Dave stared at eachother for a moment, Mr. English having one of those sad expressions, while Dave looked down. "Well, Mr. Strider. I heard you were one of my new students." Mr. English said, while I was a little bewildered. Dave looked up, "Yeah.." he said quietly. I went to sit at my seat and Dave grabbed my arm, spinning me around a little bit. "Is there um..any..seats beside you..?" He asked quietly, and I nodded. I lead him to the back of the room, where my seat was and sat him down beside me. He scooted his desk a little closer to mine and laid his head down on his desk. Mr. English looked a little worried, but once the bell rang he had forcefully dropped the look and began class. Dave passed a note to me in the middle of class, I picked it up and opened it.

"Wanna hang out after school maybe? I'm gonna need a little help with my homework. If you want to, my address is on the back of this."

I smiled a little, I knew he was watching me from behind those shades. I wrote him back on a tiny piece of ripped paper saying, "Sure, I don't see why not." I handed it to him and he read it, smiling. I put the paper with his address in my pocket and focused until class was over. Mr. English dismissed us, but before me and Dave could leave, Mr. English stopped us. "Hey, Karkat can I have a moment with you?" He asked, I turned around and nodded, telling Dave to stay at the outside of the classroom. "I want you to be careful with him." Mr. English said, with a worried expression. "He's very emotional if you break his shield. Don't hurt him, please." I nodded, "What happened, though..?" I asked, "He'll tell you when he feels he trusts you enough. Now, you might want to hurry to your class." Mr. English said, basically telling me to leave. I turned around and walked outside of the classroom to find Dave missing. "Fuck." I said quietly, running to my locker, unlocking it and throwing my stuff in there. "Where could this little shit have gone?"

The bell soon rang as I was walking around, the hallways were empty, no people, or sound except for a loud sobbing noise from the downstairs bathroom. "If that's Dave I'm fucking screwed..." my heart raced as I ran downstairs and into the bathroom. What I saw was absolutely horrifying. Dave was bloody and bruised, his shades were broken, and he was curled up in a ball and sobbing loudly, trembling as if he was scared to death. "No, no, no, no, no!" I got on my hands and knees, then his head shot up to look at me. "Dave what the hell happened?!" I asked, my eyes wide and filled with terror. "Th-They tried to t-take of my sh-shades.." I shook my head, I know exactly who did this. It's pretty obvious. I mean who else would leave an unlit cigarette at the fucking scene? I told Dave to try and sit up. He did, but it seemed like he was in a lot of pain. He was stabbed multiple times, and his face was extremely pale. "I'm calling an ambulance." I said pulling out my phone, and dialing 9-1-1. I told them everything that had happened, they said an ambulance would be coming soon.

The ambulance arrived ten minutes later, and Dave was loosing his consciousness. "Karkat..come with me." he told me as he was put on a stretcher and put in the ambulance. I looked over at Mrs. Lalonde, and she nodded. "I'll send your homework over to the hospital... I don't want you guys to be behind." I nodded and hopped in the truck. Dave reached out for my hand, and I gently took his hands, intertwining our fingers. "You'll be okay, hopefully.." I trailed off, looking at Dave's face. He had a lot a freckles I didn't notice. His eyes were shut, rather tightly. I'm guessing he didn't want me seeing his eyes. I sighed, looking around.

We soon arrived at the hospital, they took Dave into the ER and I was supposed to wait in the waiting room, but I left and walked to the nearest store that had shades like Dave's. I bought a pair that were around five bucks, and walked back to the hospital. As soon as I got there they called my name and allowed me to see Dave. I walked to his room and he was on the bed, his eyes squeezed shut. I walked to him, gently putting the shades on his face. He seemed to have opened his eyes because he turned to look at me. "Karkat?" He asked, I nodded. "It's me, Dave,"

He groaned a little as he attempted to sit up, "No, Dave I think you should stay laying down.." I said and he nodded, "Alright." A nurse had come in with a few sheets of paper for the both of us. "Your counciler delivered these to you, both." she said, handing us the papers, "Thank you, Miss." she smiled, walking out of the room. "Hey, Dave.. Do you mind telling me what happened?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, I'll tell you."

"So, when you told me to stay outside, I did. Casually minding my own business, when a group of guys came up to me. They looked as if they were from those 80's or 90's movies. The one that looked to be the leader cracked his knuckes, an unlit cigarrette hanging out of his mouth. He looked at me and smirked, then said something like, 'Looks like we've got a newbie. He thinks he's all cool, and slick.' he reached for my shades as if he was going to take them off. I smacked his hand away, telling him not to do that. He raised an eyebrow and shifted his weight to his right leg. He said, 'Either you take them off, or you get them sons a bitches off the hard, and painful way.' I said, and did nothing and he dragged me to the downstairs bathroom. His little possie stood outside the bathroom as to guard it for no one to come in. He beat the shit out of me, then pulled out a pocket knife. He stabbed me multiple times, then he took off my shades. Without even looking me in the eyes, he snapped the shades and then looked at me. He freaked out about my eye color, and ran out of the bathroom, dragging his goons with him.." Dave trailed off.

I sat there, shocked about what I just heard. "No fucking way, and the cops patrolling the school didn't even bother to help you?! Let alone take the fucking assholes to the AP's office?!" Dave shook his head, and more anger than usual boiled up inside me. That made no sense, beating up someone because they have an insecurity? What the hell?! I pulled out my phone, obviously pissed and dialed my brother's number. He answered, "Hello?" I put my free hand on my hip, "Okay, so I think you might want to break up with Mr. Amporass, because he just beat the shit out of the new kid and stabbd him multiple times, because he told him not to take off his shades." I said, growling a little. "What?! He did that?!" Kankri asked, shocked. "The kid has an insecurity with his eye color, and he told Cronus NOT to take off his shades. He just beat the shit out of him for telling him that, and refusing to take them off.." I said, looking over at Dave. "Alright, well.. I'll call you back in a minute." Kankri said before hanging up. I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket.

"Who were you talking to..?" Dave asked. "My brother, he's dating the dude that did that to you. I don't think it will last long." I said. "Your brother's gay, too? That's awesome." He said, with a small smile. "Yeah, except for when him and the special someone decide to have a little fun in the middle of the night." I made a little disgusted face, and he laughed. "At least you haven't been invited to threesome." I covered my face, "OH. MY GOD." I said loudly and he laughed more. "Yep!"

"Oh jesus fucking christ, and with YOUR BROTHER?!" I asked, with one eyebrow raised and a small smile. "Mhm, and to say the worst it was Mr. English." I squeaked, "What?! Oh my god!" I covered my mouth, and burst into a fit of giggles. "And he bottoms. Him and my brother have a little fun during the day to remind me that I need to get one of my own. So imagine just hearing him fucking scream moan from across the hallway."

"Holy fucking shit, dude." I was panting a little from laughing so much with him, "That is absolutely horrifying, yet hilarious."

"Oh yeah, because everyone loves to hear their teacher and brother have their fucking butt sex from across the hallway while you're trying to do homework."

"I guess you could say they butt into your homework time."

"You did not just."

"I just did."

"Karkat fucking Vantas."