Case Closed?

Here's some absolutely GORGEOUS fan art, drawn by @_4869Ai_  ✨Thank you for all your support and love for this fanfic, AND HAPPY 2022!!✨ Now, let's continue

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

The butler froze, then slowly turned around. Detective Mouri continued. 

"There's something strange about your story," he said as he slowly walked towards the frightened man. 

"Keok...!" 

"If the kidnapper escaped by climbing that tree, the guard dogs would've barked their heads off!" I hold back a snicker. The old geezer is being really dramatic about this. "But the maids who ran out here didn't hear anything but your shouting, and even though you were supposed to have witnessed the kidnapper, there were too many holes in your statement."

Kogoro leaned forward to force the butler to look him in the eye. "There never was any man dressed in black, was there? Mr. Aso? Or should I say, Mr. Kidnapper!"

He grabbed the collar of the butler's shirt, pulling their faces close together. Poor Aso-san, having to smell the geezer's breath must make you suffer, right?

"Aso, you little..." Master Tani muttered.

"I–uh.." the butler stuttered. He then dropped down on his knees. "I beg your forgiveness, sir!"

"Tch...!" Master Tani hesitated before shouting once again. "Why!? Why did you do it!?"

"I was..."

"Did somebody hire you!?"

The butler shook his head. "N-no, it was all my own doing."

"Where is Tani Akiko now?" Kogoro stepped in.

"At a nearby hotel.."

Wait, something's not right.

"Okay, case closed! Let's go pick her up!"

Wait a second, this case isn't over yet! 

AGHHH!! I totally forgot about this part! To be honest, I should've expected it.

"S-sir! A telephone call–" one of the maids hurried over, holding a telephone in their hands.

"What!? At a time like this!?" This man has a really big temper.

"But sir, it's just..." 

"Gah, give it to me," Master Tani grabbed the phone and brought it up to his ear. A muffled sound came from the phone, and his expression went from pissed to horrified.

"W-who is this!? Tell me who you are!!" 

More mumbling came from the phone. I felt annoyed not being able to hear what the kidnapper said, so I moved closer, along with other curious people, such as two certain detectives.