The Debut of the Great Detective (Part 1)

"Yawwnn~" I stretched my body as I rose up from the futon. Three days had passed since that case with Akiko and her dad. I wonder how they're doing.

It was ten o'clock in the morning, meaning I had to get up. Is Conan awake yet?

Walking out of Ran's room, I looked around for a little boy with glasses. He must be frustrated since he hasn't found out anything about the black organization. Poor guy.

I want to help him, but I have to keep in mind about what I should, and should not know. He would be suspicious if I told him any information exposing the organization.

Gosh, why did I have to run into Gin that day? I could've lived an ordinary life, without even knowing that I was in a stupid manga.

"Good morning, Irene," I made a 180˚ turn to see Conan coming out of the bathroom.

"Good morning," I respond.

"Do you have any plans today?" he asked.

"Not really. Just staying inside all day was pretty much my whole schedule, but that would be boring. Do you have any plans?"

Conan looked at me with a weird look, but got rid of it and rested his arms behind his head, like he always does. "Yeah, I want to go to Agasa-hakase's house today."

"I'll come with you," if he was going to Agasa's house, then I could maybe request a gadget that I've been wanting to have for a while. I have always wanted one from the great and mighty Agasa.

"Uh, sure," he opened the door to Kogoro's office.

Yikes. It was filled with a bunch of junk; papers were all over the place, food and crumbs were left on the floor, and an old man was getting excited over a very young woman that was showing on the TV.

'That must be Okino Yoko,' I realised, noticing the poster on the wall.

"We're going to play outside for a bit..." Conan said, but Kogoro didn't seem to hear it. But the boy shrugged his shoulders and walked out the door, with me following right after him.

"Prime example of a good-for-nothing adult..." Conan mumbled

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"HA HA HA HA!!" Agasa suddenly burst out laughing, making me almost knock the lamp over.

"Geez, Agasa-hakase, don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry, Irene. I got carried away," the scientist scratched the back of his head. "It's just funny––the guy that was a top-notch cop back then has become... actually, I'd rather not say. It sounds kind of harsh, now that I think about it."

"Haah..." I sigh and sink lower into the couch.

"But nothing changes the fact that the old man's completely useless!" Conan bursts out. "No one's been coming by to his office, and there has also been no clues on the men in black."

I hold back my flinch by blinking once. It's hard not to tell him, since he's struggling so much.

"Don't be in such a rush, Shinichi," Agasa used the dropper to plop something into the substance he was playing with. "You need to be careful, who knows what they'll do if they find out that you're still alive."

"Don't forget about me," I add. "If they find out that you're still breathing, they might try and make sure I'm actually dead. You don't want to put anyone else into trouble, right?"