Chapter 4

"Zack." Someone cried out to her. He passed the umbrella to Zack, shielding her from the drenching rain.

Zack remained silent.

"I apologise. I know I'm wrong, but I'm doing it for Hushion's and your sake."

"Father, I'm accustomed to being insulted. I can still hang on, but if you insult me, I won't be able to tolerate it. It sounds as though it's entirely my fault that I was born into this planet."

Zack was approached by his father.

"Zack. I apologise. I did everything I could for you, Zack. I'm aware of your potential. I had to keep you hidden from strangers. I just want to keep you safe. Once you've been revealed. You will be in jeopardy."

Zack turned to face her father.

"What exactly do you mean, father?"

"I'll let you know when the moment is come. But for the time being, I'm asking you to help me in convincing Hushion to go to Astakona. Zack, are you up to this task?"

Zack shifted his gaze to the side.

"I can't make him go there. I don't see the reason why I should try to convince him."

"Yes, but you must also go there. I will assist you with the admission exam, but you must promise me one thing. Whatever happens there, never display what you have. When you are offended, keep your cool. Do you follow me? Can you make a vow to me?"

Zack smirked. She had no idea what his father was saying. Zack started to avert her sight.

"By the way, are you okay, Zack?"

"Father. I'm perfectly well."

His father approached Zack, hugged her, and caressed Zack's head in the rain.

"Zack. I adore you. You're my emerald. I understand how precious you are."

....

Hushion had given up. He was well aware of the dangers that lay ahead. As it was now late at night, he did not continue his expedition into the deep woodland.

He finally decided to return home. He prayed that Zack would be safe and would come home soon.

Hushion entered the home, his clothing dripping wet. He was taken aback. Zack had already arrived on the porch. Under the light of the porch lamp, he stared at Zack, who was drenched.

"Zack! Thank god you've returned."

Hushion approaches Zack, but Zack stops him with his hand, causing Hushion to halt and not approach her.

"Hushion. I'd want you to go Astakona. There's a great future ahead of you. Taking care of the goats does not grant you magic or power. It is only enough to provide food and water. Don't squander the talent you have on hand."

Hushion exhaled a sigh. He then leaned against his house's wall.