Chapter 23: Legendary Heroes Pt 2

Isabella: Welcome back lovelies! Now on to the story! Cobalt's losing his patience😪

(Your POV)

"Huh, I knew guys could be dirty as pigs. Didn't know they dressed the part. Hope you duel better than you smell, you swine!" Madam Butterfly said.
"Do you think she'll figure out who he is when she hears him speak?" Yami asked.
"Hmm, I don't know. She seems confident about winning. Who knows how many matches she's won. I think he'll figure out who she is before she figures him out," I told him.
"And if it were us?" He teased.
"I'd know it's you the moment I see you," I thought to him.
"But I'd be disguised as a pig," He protested.
"True but we share a bond beyond physical appearance, remember?" I countered.
"Fair point," He smiled.

"You know what I like about butterflies? They don't talk!" Joey growled.
"He seriously doesn't know who that is?" Serah facepalm.
"What do you mean Seri?" Yugi asked.
"Don't you know who she is Yugi?" I asked.
"Madame Butterfly? No, why? Should I?" He queried.
"That's Mai! But how come she's here?" Mokuba asked.
"No clue, but we'll soon find out. One thing for sure though, neither of them can afford to lose this duel so let's hope they figure out who their opponents are," I stated.
"But one of them needs to win to get the Niwatori card," Ser said.
"Oh, we're getting that card. Don't you worry," I assured her.

(Mai 2000, Joey 2000)

"Flame Swordsman!" Joey summoned his monster to the field.
"Have I got a girl for you! Harpie Lady!" Mai said summoning her monster.
"Harpie Lady? I've definitely seen her before. Nah the Swordsman will take her," Joey said, and his Swordsman charged at her Harpie.
"I knew it. Pigs don't know about trap cards. Mirror Wall!" Mai said activating her trap card.
"No! Mirror Wall reflects my Swordsman strike right back at him!" Joey gasped.
"It is her!" Yugi asserted.
"My Harpie Lady really knows how to bring home the bacon," Mai chuckled.
"She sure can be an annoying opponent when she's dueling," Leo said.
"And who fueled her ego?" I asked.
"I should have chosen something cooler for male opponents. I'm sorry," He sighed.
"I forgive you for now," I teased.

"Okay that's it there's only one duelist who can be this annoying," Joey said.
"Ready for the big finish? Rose Whip attack!" Mai ordered.
"Hold on!" Joey said removing his mask.
"Huh, stop attack! Joey, is that you?" Mai asked in surprise after removing her mask.
"Mai!" I called jumping over the barricade to meet her.
"What are you doing here Mai!?" Yugi asked following me.
"Y/N, Yugi, Mokuba, Leo, Serah! I'm testing this game for some suits at Kaiba Corp," She explained.

"Listen, you could be in danger Mai," Joey told her.
"Yeah those suits kidnapped my big brother and Bella," Mokuba added.
"Kaiba and Bella are in a temple across the desert. They've trapped their minds in this virtual game," Yugi told her.
"Kaiba and Bella are here?" She inquired.
"Yep and we need the Niwatori card to cross the desert so we can rescue them," I stated.
"That's the prize card for this match," She said.
"Yeah had we known something like this would happen, we would have made it easier to obtain," Leo stated.
"Huh!" Ser gasped as the crowd started yelling at us.

"Yeah, I know these crowds are fake but they look really mad to me," Joey said.
"We may have a problem leaving without you guys finishing the duel. Besides, we still can't leave without that Niwatori card," Leo said.
"Well, I'm not sure about crossing a desert but I am over this place and I'm positive I can get that Niwatori card. Harpie Lady use Rose Whip!" Mai ordered and Harpie Lady grabbed the Niwatori card.
"The Niwatori!" The announcer gasped.

"Very smooth Mai, come on let's go!" I said and we started running to the exit.
"Uh oh, we're in trouble now!" Joey said.
"Run for it!" Mai said.
"Don't let them go!" The announcer yelled.
"This should slow them down!" Leo said throwing the pig mask at the announcer and it landed on his head.
"Nice throw but they're still gaining on us," Ser said.
"Don't look back guys just keep running as fast as you can!" I told them.