Chapter 8: Family?

'Fuck. Shit. The hell am I thinking. This is a mistake!'

Right now, Cale is running away from Ron who chasing him while throwing a dagger. Cale quickly duck when he saw the dagger flying through his head. Most of the dagger Ron throw is already tipped with paralyzing poison. One year ago, Beacrox trained Cale by using poison. Cale learns a lot of knowledge about poison and how to use it efficiently and properly while in a fight. The result of the training is also helping him immune from most of the poison. But if the poison is a strong one, then the effect on his body is greatly reduced. That's why if Ron's poison dagger scratches him it will only slow him down.

"Fuck!"

Cale breath is a mess. He tries to trick Ron by creating a fake footstep. To say that Ron surprised is understandable. He is a professional and trained assassin but then a mere teenager manages to last this long. Besides Cale manage to lost Ron for a while.

'Oho what an interesting young master. He has a talent. Should I make him my successor?"

Molan household already has Beacrox as a successor. But then Beacrox is using a completely different style. He chooses to follow his mother's style by using a great sword. But isn't it perfect for Cale who has not a lot of strength to learn Ron's style?

Cale suddenly gets the chill.

'Shit I am going to die. I don't have any strength left to run.'

Cale didn't manage to avoid the last dagger that Ron throw. He doesn't have any strength to defend anymore. As soon as Cale closes his eyes as a surrender sign. Ron throws another dagger to bend the first dagger's direction. Cale plops down to the ground and glares at Ron.

Ron smile as he is amused.

"Are you trying to kill me, Ron?! Why each session is getting harder and harder!"

Cale is a pretty fast learner, that's why Ron raise the training difficulty.

"Ohoho is that so? But you are doing pretty well. If you want to hide well, you just need to control your breathing."

"...Okay."
Cale doesn't want to admit it. But the training did actually work. He has become more agile and his hearing become sharper. Now, if he met another trained assassin whose skills weren't as good as Ron's, his presence wasn't easy to be detected.

"...!"

Cale surprise when he saw Ron lower his back.

"I will take you home young master. You don't have any more energy to walk don't you?"

'To ride on a vicious assassin back! But then why would I decline when I can have an easy way to go home.'

Currently, the three of them are living in a small abandoned house near Puzzle city. Beacrox shakes his head when he saw his father come home with a sleeping young master behind his back. Beacrox doesn't want to admit it but he already considers Cale as his little brother.

"How the training? Seeing your expression I bet it went well"

"Young master has a natural talent. His learning pace is really fast. Even he managed to lose me a few times."

"...!"

'He manage to lost father? A few times at that?!'
Beacrox is surprised but at the same time, he is also proud of Cale's achievement.

"What a surprise, he is a unique person isn't he."

Ron agreed with Beacrox's statement. It was the first time Ron saw his son interested in someone. Losing his mother at a young age makes Beacrox's heart frozen. That is why Beacrox can relate with Cale more. After all, both of them lost their mother at a young age. But Beacrox knows Cale is more than losing his mother. Regardless of the situation, Beacrox still has his father who tried his best replacing his mother's love and care. But Cale never has someone genuinely care about him, even his own father neglected him. No, to say neglected is even too good.

Beacrox and Ron are furious when they first saw Cale whipping mark that is deep enough to scar the child's skin. Beacrox remembers clearly the time when they saw his scar.

It was raining hard that day. The three of them are still training when rain suddenly pours hard. They decide to end the training before Cale catches a cold. Cale that already shivering when come home takes off his damp clothes. Usually, Cale never takes off his clothes when Beacrox and Ron are there. But that day, maybe Cale forgot or he is too cold to care he take it off in front of them.

"Cale!"

"Yeah hyung?"

Sometimes Cale will call Beacrox, Hyung, when he is exhausted or when he is sick.

Beacrox cant bring the word out so Ron is the one who asks Cale.

"...Mind to tell us where you got that scar young master?"

"...!"

'Ah shit, I forgot about the scar. Should I tell them or not?'

Cale failed to saw Ron and Beacrox's vicious expression when he deliberate whether to tell them or not. Both of them have a hunch but they want to hear the details. Even though Cale doesn't want to admit it, but Cale feels safe with them, and maybe a tiny bit of his heart considers them as family.

"Sigh. It's not a big deal now. My father drowns in his grieve at that time that makes him cant think rationally."

"...So, he abused you?! Because he is grieving?!"

"That time there was also a rumor about me being a cursed child that kill my own mother. So, every time he saw me he is filled with anger. The more grief and anger he has, the more he hated me.

Cale faces become emotionless and his gaze goes blank.

"... When does it start and how long?"

"Hm... not long when my mother died. When I was 6 years? Then the punishment stopped when my father met Countess Violan. That's is when I am around 10 years I think."

Ron and Beacrox are beyond furious now. They feel disgusted. For 4 years Cale endures and lives in a violent environment. And not only that, the so-called punishment starts when he is only 6 years old. A grieving child that just lost his mother!

'Punishment?! That is not a punishment. That is just abuse! Torture for a 6-year-old child! Violence environment for more than 4 years!'

"...Are you forgiving him, young master?"

"...Maybe. He is grieving and I understand that. It's true that I am a cursed child. But that's not mean that he never scar me... physically or mentally. Anyway, it passes now, let's stop talking about that. I want to take a bath"

Beacrox sigh when he remembers those memories. They want to pay Deruth a visit and repay what he did to their young master, but they know that's not what Cale wants. So, that day Beacrox and Ron vow to take care of Cale and always protect him. The father's love that Cale never has, he will gift it to him. They swore they will make Cale happy.