Chapter 12: Buried Deep Down

In the past year, Choi Han experienced and saw many new things while traveling with Cale. Choi Han chooses to trust Cale completely. How can he not when he saw what kind of thing the organization did and will do in the future. And Choi Han believes that Cale is a good person, even though Cale always denied and believes that he is a cursed person. Choi Han growth attached to Cale. To him, Cale is his savior and his home. Choi Han swore to protect Cale with his life. Especially when Cale is someone who always puts the safety of the others above before his own. He is so dense when it comes to his own health.

Cale is a lonely person, he knows well what it feels like to lose someone dear to him. Cale strangely has affection for the people under him. Maybe that is because the other people always protect him. That is why he always makes sure everyone under his care is safe because he doesn't like someone dying in front of him or worse died because of him.

Choi Han remembers the day when Cale asks him and the kitten's protection while Cale freeing the baby dragon in the cave. His blood is boil when he saw the baby dragon state. Cale says that this is the deed of one of the nobles that side with the organization. Choi Han saw Cale's eyes tremble when he saw all the blood and injuries in the baby dragon's body. Choi Han saw the dragon glaring at them when Cale is approaching the dragon.

"Good. I like your eyes. After all, you and I are different."

Unlike Cale that gives up, the baby dragon's eyes are still alive and scream that he wants to live freely even though the dragon is living in hell since the day he was born.

Choi Han feels sad after he hears Cale's statement. Choi Han knows a little bit of Cale's childhood from Ron. He saw all the documents that Ron gather regarding Cale's childhood. Ron said that Cale is a pitiful child who lost his mother when he is still young and has been abused by his father for at least 4 years. The rumor around Cale is not a good one either. Ron also says that he accidentally hear Cale mumble that he can die from the abuse at his father's hand at that time.

Cale carries the baby dragon in his arm while they are escaping the cave while the kittens are jumping into Choi Han's arm. Choi Han's eyes never leave Cale. He is curious about the reason why Cale does all of this. After all, what happened to the dragon is not Cale's business.

Cale brings the baby dragon to the forest far enough from the cave. Cale cut the mana restriction collar from the dragon neck and heal all the dragon injuries.

"What do you want to do now?"

"..."

"I know you can speak human language, you are smart. After all, you are a dragon."

"I want to live freely, I don't want to be tame by a human."

"Good. You should live like a dragon. After all, you are great and mighty."

"...Liar! Humans always lie!"

Cale understands that the baby dragon will not trust someone easily. But then it was the truth that he doesn't want to tame the dragon. The dragon is a child after all. He wants the dragon to live his life fully and not die in the future because of despair.

"Indeed. In fact, I am a pretty good liar myself."

After Cale said that, he carried the kittens that keep tapping his leg and walk away. But the dragon stops them and asks one last question.

"...Why?"

Cale looked at the dragon confused.

"If you don't plan to tame me like the other humans. Then why troubled yourself saving me?"