Dinner

Camilos POV

I wasn't expecting Y/n to be here, especially not with Mirabelle. I'll admit it I'm still salty about last night, Mirabelle just had to ruin the moment.
I saw Mama and Papa walking down the stairs when Mama stopped and gave me a glare, a small cloud shading us.
"Camilo." She said sternly, now on ground level with me.
"Do you want to explain why you weren't talking to Y/n today?! She was worried sick and I know you wouldn't just ignore her for no reason." She bent down barely to be completely level with me. Our hight difference wasn't much, but I was still growing into a "young man" as Papa says.

"In truth I'm just embarrassed about last night." I say avoiding eye contact.
A look of worry took over both Mama and Papas faces, they knew how much it ment to me last night to ask her to be my girlfriend and maybe even more when we come of age.
Papa began to walk me to the kitchen where Tia Juliette was finishing up dinner, she didn't seem to mind us being in there and Casita pulled out a chair for us on the island.

"Look son. I know it took a lot of nerves to do that last night and I'm proud of you for it, BUT. You can't let this bring you down or make you want to hide. You're a Madirgal!" He says energetically while Mama rubbed by back, placing a few kisses on my head here and there.

"Your right. I should apologize huh?" I say, laughing a little at my own nervousness.
"You should."
We all turn to the voice to seen Abuela standing by the door.
"I heard from Dolores that Y/n is here right now with Mirabelle. I offered to Y/n that she should stay for dinner. There, Camilo, you can either apologize or confess." She walked up to me and put her hands on my shoulders.

"Camilo, we see how much you like her. I see how much you care for her."
Shed fixed a curl on my head and she began to talk.
"We all see the future you BOTH have on this family and Casita. We see a new generation of miracles and most importantly, we see love."
Mama had her hand on her heart while Papa was trying not to cry.

"And I'll be honest.... I see me and Abeulo in your relationship with her. The friendship and laughter you have together, it takes me back go the good times with your Abeulo."
Everyone melted a little while Papa broke down in tears. Abuela pulled me into a hug before leaving.
"We have 5 minutes till dinner." She says before closing the door behind her.

Now I truly can't screw anything up!!! Not only is Y/n the girl of my dreams, my best friend, AND my crush, but Abuela finds the relationship like hers and Abuelos!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/ns POV

I sat at the table inbetween Mirabelle and her father as Mirabelle stared into Dolores's soul. The tension was thick, like a piece of thread slowly unraveling a hoodie ready to snap at any moment. Camilo and I kept making eye contact aswell, though he'd usually just hold it with a smile or a wink.
"Water." I heard Isabella as she passed it right infront of Mirabelle.
When I looked back at Dolores she was whispering to Camilo who began to go pale and shapeshift out of control. Normally I would laugh but my heart sank at what she could have told him.

He stared at Mirabelle then me, almost looking desperate that what he was told was wrong.
"Cream." Isabella passed another thing right infront of Mirabelle catching my attention. When we both looked back, Camilo was whispering to his father.
This idiot?!?!

Senor Felix spit out his drink, looking quite embarrassed at his action.
I glared at Camilo which made him uncomfortable shift in his seat. Before long Felix had whispered it to Tia Pepa which made her start to tunder and rain, her jaw wide open.
"Pepa. Your cloud?" Abeula said sternly as Pepa ran her fingers through her hair try to calm down.
"Maybe it's best if I leave..." I say getting up from my chair.
"No! Please Y/n stay, you're our guest for tonight aswell. And I'm sure Camilo has something to say later tonight." Abeula says motioning over to a sad Camilo. He looked up at me with worry in his eyes as I sighed and sat back down.
"Acutally I have a song I want to preform for Isabella." Mariano says.
"Actually the proposal is BEFORE the song!! Madrigal tradition!!" Mirabelle says awkwardly standing up to help.

"That's a great idea, Luisa can you get the Piano?" Asked Marianos mom making Luisa sadly shuffle to the other room to carry it.
Mirabelle then spun Marianos chair around to face Isabella and force him on one knee.
"Right...." Mariano says nervously. I noticed rats where under the table collecting the pieces of the reading as I gasped and stood up quickly.

"Isabella... will you-" He was stopped by Mirabelle throwing herself forward screaming no. Luisa is dragging the Piano making a screeching sound on the tile floors as she gives up and falls to the floor crying.
Antonio's toucan begins to fly around the room, hitting Marianas mom every once and a while as thunder strikes everywhere. I stand up quickly to help Mirabelle get the pieces as everyone gets up in a panic before Dolores finally snaps.

"MIRABELLE FOUND TWO READINGS IN BRUNOS ROOM!!! SHES GOING TO DESTROY THE MIRACLE AND CASITA, AND Y/NS GOING TO DIE A PAINFUL DEATH WITH CAMILO CRYING OVER HER BODY!!! WERE ALL DOOMED!!!!"

Everyone went quiet as the window blinds shot open to a few people from town congratulating the new finances only to be met with a giant mess of a dinner date.

I quietly got up with Mariano and him mom as they made their way to the front door to leave angrily and a little scared.
"I'm sorry... I need to go I'm sure my Mama is worried about me..." I quickly exit the house hearing Abuela and Camilo calling out for me and Marianos mom trying to calm us down.
"The miracle is strong!!! NOTHING IS WRONG.!" I hear Abeula scream out as she slams the doors closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my front door to see my Papa asleep on the couch and my Mama putting laundry away. She stops folding the clothes when she notices me wet while walking in.
"MI AMOR!!! Are you ok?! You're soaking wet and your hair is a mess!" She says, grabbing one of the towels she folded to cover me up. I was slightly shaking from the cold as I slipped my shoes off and walked to the bathroom. Mama hugged me and told me to get ready for bed as I closed the bathroom door.
Hot water ran over my body, immediately warming me up and I showered all the rain water away.

I spent around an hour just standing in the water, and by the time I was done it was really dark outside. I put on a night gown that would keep me warm and moved my hair so it was out of my face.
I walked upstairs to my room and quietly sat on my bed for a little bit, just staring at my ceiling until I heard a tap on my window which made me jump in surprise.

I got up to investigate only to meet the dark brown eyes of the shape shifter.
I chuckled a little while I opened the window for him to fall into my room. I sat back down on my bed and he just kind of stood there staring at the ground.

"Hey.... are you good..? I'm sorry I left in such a hurry, I was overwhelmed-" before I could finish me sentence, he tackled me onto my bed hugging me tight. I felt his breath on my neck as his arms wrapped around my waist, hands resting on my lower back.
"Someone's clingy" I say teasingly flicking his head until I heard a sniff.

His body began to shake and his quiet cries became more noticeable. I wrapped my arms around him immediately, whispering positive affirmations to calm him down. He hugged me tighter as I asked why he was crying.

"I can't lose you..." He says quietly, only barely auditable to the average ear. Guilt ran up my spin as I realized what he was talking about, the reading wasn't exactly a nice one.

"Camilo.... I promise I'll away be by your side. Even if you don't see me I'll always be next to you...." I began to play with his hair and his crying died down.

"I don't know what that reading could mean, but right now, in the present, you have me whenever you need me." I whisper as his shaking stopped and his breathing slowed.

"Thank you... I'm sorry tonight didn't go as planned.... But I need to tell you something important soon, I promise you I will." He says drifting off to sleep.

I didn't understand what he was talking about, but I trust that he will tell me when he's ready.
I grabbed my blanket and threw it over us as I drifted off into slumber not long after to the sound of Camilos heartbeat close to mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I'm sorry this is getting shitty over time, I watched Encanto once so it's not as fresh in my mind meaning some things might change a little. Thank you!)