Chapter-10

I woke up with my arm being sore and something placed on my stomach. I tried opening my eyes, I blinked a couple of times and adjusted to the sunlight that was coming from my window.

I looked at my right and my eyes widened when I saw that the princess was using my right arm as a pillow and her arm perfectly hugging my stomach.

She looks so peaceful, her lashes are long and thick and her mouth is slightly open showing a part of her teeth. I smiled slightly.

I stayed in that position for a little bit longer then I started to gently pull my arm from under her. I didn't want to but we guards are required to be ready at a specific time.

Then I successfully pulled it without waking her up and replaced myself with a pillow. I smiled when she automatically hugged the pillow.

I went to the bathroom and took my morning shower and wore my black shorts and tank that I wear under my armor then walked back to my room.

When I arrived in my room, the princess was still asleep. I started to put on my armor. Putting on my part leather and part cotton trousers and attached the metal plates for the calves and wore my boots.

Lastly the armor for my upper body, but before I wore it I stood in front of the mirror and raised my shirt to see the scarring on my waist from my last fight.

Speaking of which, I have another one coming up.

I cringed at the sight. It was huge and red, I can still see the black stitches dotting on the sides. I sighed.

"That must've hurt" I heard.

I jumped then dropped my shirt for her not to see it longer. I turned to her "You're awake" I said stupidly.

She looked at me a little longer then said "Why didn't you wake me up?" She sat up.

"You looked so peaceful, I didn't have the heart to wake you up" I started to put on my long sleeves and attached my belt. When I was putting my shoulder plates the princess stood up and took them from me and started to attach them to me herself.

"Thank you," I said after she attached it.

She nodded. It's like she was thinking so I asked her "What are you thinking?" I walked a little closer to her.

She sighed "Nothing. I just wanted to stay in today, but father needs me to attend some of his business meetings"

I felt like she was telling the truth but she was also thinking about something else but I didn't push her.

She turned to me "Are you coming with me to the business meetings?" She slightly pouted. She looked fucking adorable.

I gave her a sad smile "I'm sorry, I can't Princess It's my day off, I'll be out of the castle, I'm just going to present myself for attendance so they can send my replacement for today then I'm gone"

"That sucks, I won't have anyone to roll my eyes at during the meetings" She pouted slightly.

I chuckled "You do roll your eyes at me a lot" remembering all the time that she did.

"Only when you openly flirt with me which I guess is a lot" She gave me a pointed look.

I laughed "Don't act like you didn't enjoy them" I winked.

As expected she rolled her eyes so I laughed.

"Shut up" She chuckled.

I looked at the clock and cursed "I better go or I'll be late and they might take back my leave, they do that you know" I cringed.

"Okay, Have fun on your day off," She said sadly.

"Aww princess, if only I could bring you with me" I teased her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"I hate you" She pouted "I'm going to be miserable the whole day while you enjoy hanging out with your friends"

I laughed ignoring what she said about friends because she was actually the only one I have. I have acquaintances who I hang out with sometimes but that's it. It's really shocking how fast we got close and comfortable in a short amount of time. It's like we knew each other for years.

"Next time I'll bring you with me if you're not required to be on any business meetings, I promise" We walked out of my room.

"Fine, I'll wait for that promise," She said before she went inside her room.

I went for attendance and waited for my replacement then I walked out of the castle.

I was excited to actually leave the castle for the day. It's depressing being locked up in there every single day, can't imagine being a royal and being locked up in there for the rest of their lives. The only reason I'm happy is that I get to spend a lot of time with Princess Jennie.

I walked around town missing it from being in the castle all the time, I passed by the market and bought a few stuff before going straight to our house.

I walked inside our house and saw my father and hugged him "Hey dad, didn't expect you to be here this early"

"Just wanted to see you, I heard from Taeyung that you were training with him today for your next fight," He said.

"Yes father, I was supposed to tell you but I expected you to be gone today for work," I said.

"I understand kiddo. Now you be careful on your next fight okay? I don't want to lose you too" He kissed my forehead.

"I always am father" I hugged him.

Taeyung entered our house, he greeted father then turned to me "Ready?"

I nodded and followed him to the forest.

It's going to be a tiring day.

~~~~~
Hey guys👋 pls show your love and support to Jisoonie and her drama SNOWDROP ❄️❤️

Don't forget to vote and comment 😊